Hi all just bought a second hand turbo td04l 12t which looks like that's knackered my question is when looking on ebay I can't find any 12t cartridges for a subaru and what I can find is all Chinese shit could I use a saab or a volvo td04l 12t cartridge and put it in the subaru housings thanks

Just looked at the mellet listing that says 13t I've just been on there website and same put part number in and same 13t am I missing something here you count compresser blades right would i have to get housing machined to fit a 13t

Edited by ep82paul

measure your compressor wheels inducer exducer and compare

your part nr matches 13t only

is it a subaru turbo what flange has it ?

ye I will measure them and compare I have checked with part numbers and comes back as 13t this flange 2016-04-07-21-51-40-835715700_zpsnlld5hy

Thought so cheers ill do that tomorrow with a micrometer I used my car today it only smokes when you let of the throttle smells like burning oil then it will smoke on tick over till you go again smoke goes let off throttle it's back I had a look under the bonnet looks like oil weeping past manifold 1st exhaust port near cam any ideas

Just took turbo n manifold off there is oil on face of the exhaust port 20160409_143912_zpsieh0giya.jpg going to take head off now get oil seals done would I need to get the head skimmed again only got done 2 year ago

take a torch and look in the hole and look at the valves it will run down the valves if not u have another isseu

just looked now there is oil running down the valves some of them are covered in oil so seals are gone

just looked now there is oil running down the valves some of them are covered in oil so seals are gone

have fun :)

me personally i would do the rope trick down the bore and then turning cylinder till it wont move anymore

the compressor way is tricky as if you touch the valve it could drop down then its head of jobby

You can change seals without taking head off by the way. Cams etc must take away, saves some money.

ye I've seen a few post about some rope or something like that going to take head off won't take long to do then take the head to a machine shop to put them in never done valves before

have fun :)

me personally i would do the rope trick down the bore and then turning cylinder till it wont move anymore

the compressor way is tricky as if you touch the valve it could drop down then its head of jobby

always do with these cars lol I would find it tricky to do it with rope need to take head off a stud broke so needs to be drilled out got 2 more to get out and they feel like they are going to break aswell going to put some heat on them hope it works

No rope tricks, just compressed air from sparkplug hole. I have made long metallpipe and welded some plugtread hollow bolt and other end metall tyre pressure valve, easy to see if pressure drops a lot, then its time to take head away. Pistons can be on highest position one cylinder at time, so no worry if it drops little bit. Hardest part is to be carefull that valve spring locking parts won't dropp inside engine.

But sometimes it's time to check/do full headworkif engine is in bad condition, same time new pistons etc... :)