EP70 Tacho - Engine Speed

Thanks.

I did originally connect it to the negative terminal, but the response was very slow. I suspect it may be an issue with the Tacho.

Anyone else experienced a slow response from an aftermarket Tacho and found s way to improve it? And don't say buy a better Tacho! 😀

Noticed same problem on my P7, low rev :/ I'm using oem GTi Corolla tacho. Have to change injection engine, same worked fine in 5E-FTE combo, one more reason to do it :)

I'm having too low revs in all area I think, and slow responce. I have changed 2E engine ignintion system and it didn't work well on 1E. Haven' t got time to solve that, curious to hear what needed in carburator engines.

20160301_171201_zpsvmns0489.jpg

My 1E with 2E ignition, with fueltank test :)

New engine don't solve signal problem to tacho. And 1E engine have poor adjustable contactor ignition system, very common swap is changing 2E ignition with built in coil, works much better and no need for adjust connector or what is right english word for that?

Both ignition systems have plug for tacho, but shows sometimes wrong values in some tachos, weird...