Glanza Wipers Not Returning To Bottom...

Hi all,

Need a bit of help getting my wipers working again as normal. So...

1) My wiper motor is working

2) It HAS been fully out the car, wiper linkages, motor, etc...

3) It wipes the windscreen as normal BUT when switching them OFF they return not to the bottom of the windscreen as normal but direct of my line of view.

Now I believe this happens when you take out the wiper linkages, etc... but I don't know how to 'reset' them?

I have googled how to do this but it is not very clear on how to do it. I'm sure it is very easy but I can't seem to see how these people are 'resetting' them?

Does anyone know how to reset them back so they end up sitting in the original position (bottom of screen)?

Thanks in advanced :)

Nikhil

You need to turn the wipers on and off. When off the MOTOR will be at the end of its travel. You then need to put the wipers on to the splines in the right position

Hi mate,

I have tried this yesterday. I basically took off both wipers. Switched it on and off but just looking at the splines you can see the wipers will end back in the middle of the screen.

If you put the wipers on the spline where they are meant to be when mine are switched off, switching them on, they will be wiping the water off the bonnet lol.

I think this is what you have meant? Unless I have misunderstood :(

Thanks

Nikhil

Hi mate,

It sounds like your motor has lost its park position and chances are youll need a new motor. Take it fully off the car plug the connector back on and put it in the intermittent setting, turn wipers off and build it all back up but before putting wipers back on watch the splines and see if they have changed. If still in the centre after doing this itll be new motor.

Nick.

Hi mate,

It sounds like your motor has lost its park position and chances are youll need a new motor. Take it fully off the car plug the connector back on and put it in the intermittent setting, turn wipers off and build it all back up but before putting wipers back on watch the splines and see if they have changed. If still in the centre after doing this itll be new motor.

Nick.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info, I will give this a go tonight and see if it solves the problem and update you guys. If not, then as you say may require a new motor.

Cheers

Nikhil