Remote locking

Hi, im just wondering if anybody knows if theres a way to find out if my car should have remote locking or just central locking from door lock as i can have the part number for a genuine remote fob. Also if it does happen to have it is there some device that will program it as toyota have said they wouldnt be able to do it due to it being an import and there diag equipment wouldnt read the vehicle data.

Cheers Nick

• 4 weeks later...

If your Glanza has the remote central locking fuction it's really easy to program -

Unlock the car. Climb in and close the door.

Insert the key into the ignition barrel, turn the ignition ON-OFF 3 times

Pull the key out of the barrel then press the button on the new fob.

Locks should now cycle on, off.

Insert key back into the ignition, and then again turn the ignition ON-OFF 3 times.

Pull the key out of the barrel and then, again press the button on the new fob.

Locks should now cycle on, off.

The fob is now programmed to the car, just double check by pressing the button on the fob a couple of times, the locks should go up and down.

And for those of you who would like a fob heres the part number

89742-10010

Cost me £32.55 incl VAT from Toyota (30/01/10)

Thanks alot buddy,

Ive managed to get a copy of a pic with part number from an old thread thats what made me wonder about it ha. Ive got central locking but dont know if i should have remote locking. At just over £30 its worth a shot.

The programming procedure (if i have remote locking) works as youve said and doesnt need to be recognised with toyota diag kit?

Cheers again pal.