Hey just put my head back on car getting it ready to fire it up I connected the battery cables fuel pump primed up straight away turned key started no problem I noticed that seal was weeping from dizzy o ring so I pulled dizzy out and changed the seal put it back together now the car won't start I thought it ran out of petrol so put some in and still won't start turn ignition on and still nothing no pump priming I put wires straight to fuel pump and it works could the relay blow that fast if so any one no where I can get one from cheers just been reading were is fuel relay is it behind glove box so i guess this efi one is diffrent 20160502_174216_zpstslltbft.jpg

Edited by ep82paul

Open the diagnostics plug and link out B+ and FP, when you sinfo itch the ignition to position 1 the efi relay should come in and the fuel pump should run. That will check the pump is ok.

If it does not then the fault could be the 15A efi fuse or efi relay.

If it does run then but not in normal circumstances, then it will probably be the circuit opening relay. But I dont think this relay will close until you engage the starter, then it only stays on for a few seconds

Found this on gtturbo forum written by wee john very good info just tested it now fuel pump works car started straight away so my relay under glove box is broke

the circuit opening relay it could be the problem, pull the cover off it and check if there any dirt in there, u should be able to here it click when turn ignition on

Edited by triple j

the circuit opening relay it could be the problem, pull the cover off it and check if there any dirt in there, u should be able to here it click when turn ignition on

you can feel the one click under the bonnet but the open circuit relay beside the glove box doesn't click and won't start bridge b+ and fp turn ignition on fuel pump works and the car starts when I put the head on it started 1st turn of key no problem then turned it off for 10 minutes wouldn't start after that going to Toyota in morning see how much a relay is

I would check that you have the dizzy plugged in correctly before looking at the circuit open relay, especially as you have had the dizzy out and it was working before.

The ecu triggers the circuit open relay only when it senses that the engine is turning over, so if the dizzy isn't plugged in the ecu wont read any engine rpm so it wont trigger the relay/pump.

Check to make sure the pin inside the plug and not too wide so they get a good contact with the dizzy terminals.

I would check that you have the dizzy plugged in correctly before looking at the circuit open relay, especially as you have had the dizzy out and it was working before.

The ecu triggers the circuit open relay only when it senses that the engine is turning over, so if the dizzy isn't plugged in the ecu wont read any engine rpm so it wont trigger the relay/pump.

Check to make sure the pin inside the plug and not too wide so they get a good contact with the dizzy terminals.

cheers stu I'll try that tomorrow after work hope that's the problem cheers mate