From Standard Suspension to Lowered Suspension

Got the n/a lowered this week -40mm with PI springs on standard shocks. I kept it on the standard shocks as i plan on upgrading to a V in 6 months. Now ive never been in a car with a lowered suspension let alone drive a car with one. Its so bloody bumpy i almost regret having it done, the roads are quite bad round where i live although id never really noticed before.

So what i was wondering did anyone else find it quite a different driving experience when they changed? I have to drive so much slower now and always looking for bumps in the road. The ride is so much harsher now, any tips for getting used to it?

Thanks

Also the front springs look mega compressed, they only seem to have enough space to travel a few cm, this is normal right?

Im in the same boat at the moment. I've put Tein springs on, which don't make it much lower than the SR springs, but much stiffer. It is great for spirited driving on snake pass road but normal roads it's quite harsh. I've also got back ache from it now.

Another thing as well is that i got my tracking sorted when the springs were put on and it's been knocked out of line a lot already.

Im planning to get another daily drive after summer though. Something comfier to drive and to stop my SR getting wrecked.

Bourkey

Yeah David that is perfectly normal to experience a harsher ride, but it handles better so who cares :)

You should sit in mine, its only got TRD springs on KYB shocks and it throws you around like crazy. Not had the chance to test them out properly but I think they do a good job handling wise, not comfortable at all though.

I don't see how people cope with coilovers on daily drivers!!

Glad to hear im not the only one who finds it quite harsh, looks like ill just have to get used to it. It does handle so much better and looks bloody mint so i suppose its worth it. If just springs are like this coilovers must be mental on our crap roads.

it'll be the stock shocks being the reason why its bouncy. if the shocks were designed for the new spring rate, it'd handle lovely and be perfectly behaved, but its not, so its far more harsh than it should be :)