Air Filter Relocation HELP

well the issue with the low boost was due to air filter being hard uo againat pipe and not lettting air in.. all ive done is given it th air back. stock boost etc..

just feels much better with the short route which is making me think the boost is creepin now

gonna order a gauge tomorrow as well para now haha

Make sure you get a half decent boost gauge mate not these cheap ones of eBay, everyone's got different opinions here but personally I wouldn't even use boost until I worked out what's actually on the car and what needs changing etc, maybe I'm wrong here but was wondering what a jam ecu is doing on the car when everything is totally stock?

sound ! are those prosport LED ones any good ?

bought the jam for future mods and i was hitting fuel cit after exhaust and decat

stuff done so far:

exhaust (custom)

decat

Ac removed

JAM ecu

short route intake

i know its not much so far but the ECU made a huge difference . car running much nicer

will get gauge ordered tomorrow

then still to come in next month or two

exhaust manifold

hks actuator

fuel pump

front mount intercooler

also wanting to up boost to 0.85 after that gear on

Make sure you get a half decent boost gauge mate not these cheap ones of eBay, everyone's got different opinions here but personally I wouldn't even use boost until I worked out what's actually on the car and what needs changing etc, maybe I'm wrong here but was wondering what a jam ecu is doing on the car when everything is totally stock?

Was thinking the same myself Pat. Would be over fuelling like a good one maybe ? Getting the AFRs would be a good call maybe would like to know though has me intrigued this post to say the least lol

If your running the JAM and all them other mods a lot of people recommend 1 bar boost but it's all hit and miss with p&p ecus get your AFR checked and it all should be good after that 👍🏻

Don't worry mate about I know it's not much so far and your still learning, everyone has to start somewhere, I'm still learning and often ask for advice on here, always bugging 5e colin for help, and even ask bug679 in this thread for advice at times it's good to ask 👍🏻, bugs also right aswell with the afr that needs to be checked asap, can I ask haggis what is the jam ecu mapped to? Or did you just plug it in etc?

nice one man ill order one of them. if i had the money id get everything now :) just a bit of an eager beever

the JAM ecu is plug and play. removes fuel cut, increases RPM and adjust fueling so im led to belive. i also read that its fine to run them at stock boost as they have fuel settings that adjust depending on boost but it does recomend a fueling check... as far as im aware you cannot change the map as such, they are just a bit more aggressive than stock plus the other things mentioned. apparently JAM and various others did these ECU's for toyota demo cars etc originally ( key word being apparently ) cant belive everything your read i guess

cheers again . id be fooked without this forum and the people on it . gauge ordered and will get it book for fuelinf this week. i guess ill need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if it turns out im lean or rich

I would say yes mate to that although make sure you get a genuine one not a fake, it's always money money money with these things, I would definitely change the manifold too

Standard high boost is around 0.65 bar. fuel cut comes in around 0.85 even small mods like de cat, fmic ,air filter relocation and exhaust will give boost creep you could either go external wg and get an ebc (expensive option) or get an adjustable actuator and a mbc or you can pick up a good second hand ebc for not very much money and take it up to 1 bar and get your afr,s checked

Edited by Whitenoize