Air Filter Relocation HELP

So now from looking at the thread you bumped up you mean the pipe from the recirc valve.

As said in the first response to you block it off at the manifold so the mani does not draw in air.

The other black pipe at the bottom of his picture makes the hi/low boost solenoid work. if you have relocated your filter I assume all the black EFI pipe work is gone so just loop the hose back onto the solenoid or remove the solenoid altogether. You then need to vent the top nipple on the actuator to the atmosphere not the recirc valve or the vac pipe on the mani.

okay cheers stu. yes its the pipe going to actuator. i will just leave it open to atmosphere.

would like to just remove the solenoid altogether but cant find tutorial

cheers

Solenoid is very easy to remove, if you just look at the pipes and where they go it's very straight forward

Edit: This is mine removed

ca7ed508c83e86eb7e9aa146119ed417.jpg

Onbviously when you relocate the air filter the actuator vents to atomsphere then one vaccum line from the dump valve up to the inlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dan106

Take the pipe of the actuator port and just leave the metal pipe there

If that port is blocked or blanked off it will run low boost

5aa327c097850bf8ad6426d6cb0b5ad7.jpg

This is mine after I relocated the filter

Edited by dan106

okay so remove actuator hose from metal pipe and still not boosting properly

checked all hoses and look fine . efi pipe was bastard to get and got a bit ruffer then i would of liked with it but dont see any cracks in intercooler pipework

are you supsoed to relocate oil filter as the hose is hard up against it ?

any chance the filter is not pullong enouhj air in ?

peed off :(

right MASSIVE SCHOOLBOY ERROR...

basically the filter has like a circular hardstop inside (almost same size as intake pipe ) and i had bottomed it out on the pipe haha

moved it back an inch or so and now its boosting like a champ

infact its well more rapid off the line now so worried im actually getting creep

got decat, jam ecu etc but not uprated mani or front mount yet so para i melt a piston ( need to get a boost gauge)

so thumbs up to monstermotorsport for this one however the pipe is a fair bit longer than it needs to be ( got about 1.5 in clearance from rad and just shy of hitting the bracket in the middle where the bumper latch is)

also the rubber elbow is hard up against oil filter which is a bit scary