Ive a wee video of a .63 housing on my 4e if you want an idea of what its like fire me a pm

F29952E1-716F-4A52-9E0F-0D177BE61B5C.jpg

early map/spec looked like this.

Phil

Edited by Phil

Ive tuned a .86 on a 5e for a customer - quite laggy from memory it did drop off boost between gears if you shifted too early. Saying that though the manifold wasn't one of mine and the merge collector was crap design which doesnt help with spooling a turbo.

Dependant on what your after power wise you could run with the .64 or as an intermediate run the vband 0.72 housing. I just got one for my new turbo setup on the 4age.

13177811_294803427517997_760654803924225

That's pretty small! Very interesting! How was that for top end power as I'd expect it to choke it quite a bit? Probably ok for a 5e though but really depends on the setup and what the use of the car will be.

We had a 4a setup on the dyno last year, had just over 19psi on a small housing (can't remember exactly sorry) it made 226kw at the wheels, we swapped to a .68 housing and it made 268kw on 17psi (ran out of fuel) with no other changes so housing size can make a big difference. That's kinda why I bought the .72, to try it out and see what happens but also because it's vband so epic lush to work with haha.

Edited by Stu

Yup really interested to see what it does myself!

That's the .63 tial v band in that graph above and most we made was 380@1.5bar

Fantastic on the road.

But for sprints/hills I could do with less top end and more response.

may even try antilag at some point.

Phil