Hi guys quick question was wondering what can be done to a Ct9 turbo to improve power and spool time before looking at td04 anyone tried to do a billet hybrid ball bearing version of the Ct9? Or what have people tried?

Depends on how deep your pockets are but personally I wouldn't bother pumping money into a turbo that runs out of puff in the top rev range. I have been down the route of hybrid ct9s and they are a good upgrade if you want a little more punch higher up and you don't sacrifice a lot spool time, probably 200-300rpm with a tongs or speed vision hybrid ct9. You could go down the route of a billet wheel to reduce weight and spool but when you can pick up a tfo35 from a subaru forester from around £100 and a good manifold and down pipe combo it really isn't worth it. Or go td04 for more power there cheap enough.

A td/vf series turbo at low boost boost will alway be better than a ct9 at max efficiency. Less boost, less heat, less stress.

I'm only going on my own my experience and knowledge gained off this and other forums over the years.

Edited by jamesglanza