How to Wire a Glanza boot lid on a N/A

Here goes my first post so sorry if i get anything wrong or miss anything, So i purchased a Glanza boot-lid for my Ep91 Starlet SR and created this guide to aid others looking to wire up the reverse lights due to there being no wire in the loom as the reverse light is found in the back left light.

The first step involves removing your rear light cover to access the blue wire which is needed for the reverse lamps on the glanza boot lid. After the cover is removed, make sure you have a decent length of wire which will be long enough to tuck under the boot floor and reach up to the c-pillar and into the boot. As shown, i had a long blue wire which i had left over from a remote power wire.

DSC_0001_zpsnzwdibdz.jpg

The next step involves running the wire across the boot floor, being tucked under the plastics in the boot by prying up a corner as they do not have to be removed as shown here.

DSC_0002_zpsxakxlt75.jpg

The next step involves removing the plastic trim surrounding the rear seat belt, A further 2 bolts will also be exposed when the cover is removed and these need to be undone along with a small Phillips screw. Then, popping off the cover off the seat belt and using a 14mm socket to undo the seat belt bolt. This will allow for the panel to be moved. (You may need to loosen the trim along the rear quarter glass too and you can slowly pull the strip around the glass to release the trim)

DSC_0014_zpssxrlggwi.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsyltnx9dx.jpg

The next step involves peeling the headliner back and it is clipped in along the top and it can be slid out as it has a rigid plastic built within it. As you move through the process slowly thread the cable under neath the panel that is just removed or loosened and run the cable to the top and through the bung to follow the rear boot lid loom.

DSC_0004_zps70jyzjiu.jpg

DSC_0005_zps9apdxm2j.jpg

After this is achieved the panels can be placed loosely in place and the headliner can be replaced into the grove and slip back in (the boot seal can hold the loose bits as this can be pulled to access the headliner)

DSC_0006_zpsz6go8bqk.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsvlhuurrx.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsiboymoif.jpg

A small trick that is useful to get the wire through the rubber boot as it can be tight, is to use a coat hanger and crimp the end with pliers to hold the cable and stop it from moving then it can be pushed though with greater ease.

DSC_0021_zpsanf0mqem.jpg

DSC_0019_zpsiklitxwo.jpg

For the next step the vents in the boot-lid can be popped out to aid within feeding the cable through, again the coat hanger can be used again.

DSC_0020_zpshbksp0er.jpg

DSC_0030_zpskrw39ukq.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsagoty1jr.jpg

Now for the wiring bit :D

Looking at the loom in the boot lid, i located the earth being the stripey black and white and found a cable splitting from 2 into 1 that was wrapped in blue tape, i removed this and used this as the ground as i interlinked the positive feeds and negative feeds as shown below. I made a mini loom for the reverse lights using more remote wire one being darker than the other and i soldered and heat-shrinked the connections. I then hooked up the negative feed to the single wire and connected them together to meet with the other 2 wires. The positive was also attached at the right side where the new wire was added.

DSC_0032_zpsp91crewr.jpg

DSC_0034_zpshp64grku.jpg

DSC_0036_zps2auecod9.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsvqjha4cy.jpg

Within regard to wiring from the back light it is as simple as cutting the blue wire and splicing into it using our new wire that runs to the boot lid, the factory reverse light in the rear light can be left so that you can have both the boot lid reverse lamps and the back light one operating as 3, according to your preference the bulb can be removed and the light can be tinted but it is entirely optional.

DSC_0027_zpsga9v0ny5.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsnzwdibdz.jpg

Sorry about these next snapchat quality pics ha

13530572_1155623287791206_1932163834_n_z

13535693_1155623264457875_159943864_n_zp

13522677_1155623217791213_814330541_n_zp

13515366_1155623331124535_887580947_n_zp

Sorry about any errors as its my first post ;) and will eventually get a lick of paint :) and a bigger number plate!