impreza wrx, forged! (price revised, more pics added)

Year:1995
Model: Subaru impreza wrx (import)
Tax: 230 odd a year, old tax system
MOT: may 2017
Mileage: 124269km on the clock, some in miles. a lot less on the engine!

Description: war stories incoming!
This is my nearly finished rolling project impreza, which due to lack of time and moolahs I'm having to sell.
I bought this in about may 2014 as a project car, with battered panels, a badly modified interior, and a rough running engine that wouldn't run when hot. it spent some time in my mates garage and then some time in mine being worked on for a while, till my black gt was tboned by a van in early 2015 and I needed the garage clear to break it and recover my money. this meant I had to get it on the road before I was done working on it. the rough engine was overheated and sharted itself not long after, due to the previous owner putting rad weld in it which decided the thermostat was a leak and blocked it. the head lifted, pressurised the sump, and blew out the rear main bearing seal lol.
this meant I had to build it a whole new engine lol, so for the last year or so its been rocking a 93 sti type RA closed deck shortblock ( the best ej20 for making big power in manys eyes) which I bought used in great shape fitted with wiesco forged pistons and presumably forged rods too, though I have to admit I've never found time to remove the sump to check.
its had :
the heads skimmed,
new valvestem oil seals,
the valves lapped,
new water pump,
new timing belt and pulleys (powergrip iirc, ll have to check)
cometic 1.5mm 5 layer headgasket,
nissens headbolts (more than strong enough for big boost).
nearly new coilpacks,
new manifold studs,
fresh spark plugs,
an unknown brand equal length headers, well made but could do with looking at as are cracked somewhere, nothing mad but I did notice a sound from them when the silent exhaust was fitted. these sound mad at higher revs, there's no rumble sadly but there's a real shriek at the top, madness!
I fitted load of other brand new oem spec gaskets such as the rear main bearing seal. (probably some things ive missed too!)
I fitted a new exedy clutch and a trustworthy td05 16g which was in far better condition than the one I removed from the replacement engine. I replaced the rad with a second hand job but I found that's been leaking a little so ive just replaced that with a brad new nissens rad. I had to throw on a forge recuculating bov as the stock job is rare and tend to leak as are plastic, the bov is good but the hose could do with a tidy. its running on the stock boost controller at a fast but safe 12.5 odd psi on a z4 ecu, though I did throw on my gfb briefly and ran it up to the ecu limited 15 odd psi, at which point it seriously hauls ass lol.
it has factory interior spotlight things, complete oem mats with impreza badging electric folding mirrors, electric areal which worked well until the very last day on the road, then stopped moving, naturally though it still works mind. Ive been setting about restoring its interior with original controls, original nardi wheel, and seriously rare factory lamco gauges, which display voltage, boost and intake air temp. these all work, though the air temp needs a new sensor.
other small mods include big sti spec 4 pot front brakes, freshly rebuilt with godspeed stainless pistons (in need of painting), some tien lowering springs, not much drop but a slightly firmer ride, perfect for a daily imo, brand new shifter bushings, making gear selection spot on like new, and the mid level wing as the stock low level looked a bit rubbish (included if wanted mind). its exhaust is messy but functional, It was a 3'' ninja system but has had a silencer welded in at some point, I switch between the ninja cannon that sounds boss, and an n/a job when starting work early as is dead silent, never sees boost on the latter to protect my exhaust valves.
the exterior is where it all falls down a little. I had to get it running well before it looked good, so ive largely ignored its exterior. it has a few battle scars, scuffs and dinks all over, and a big dent/ scrape at the front between the door and the front wing. its just cosmetic but both could do with replacing, black scoobys are rare indeed down here so ive not been able to find one breaking within a resonable distance and I wasn't going to pay for postage or a respray on different coloured panels. The back arches where these cars are known to rust, are solid. overall, there is very little rust but for a patch on the boot under the wing, and the dent I mentioned.

Overall, I have very little paperwork for this car other than a multitude of receipts, and it is in need of some bodywork, but is a mechanically sound and very fast rough and ready classic scoob, a hell of a lot faster than a near stock starlet with serious potential to make some serious power with the right injectors and management! I've been trading on here a few years now and I'm sure people on here I've traded with will agree, I'm straight talking when it comes to cars and parts, I wont sell a lemon for a quick quid!

I also have what claims to be a prodrive ecu and some other goodies such as an intercooler spray switch to make a kit for, a 5 injector intake manifold (doesn't do anything on the road car, but very cool anyway) and an sti intercooler modified to fit a 95 spec engine, that ill throw in if the price is right!

Price: £2000 ono, I'll be putting this on ebay as a starting bid soon, this is just because I need a quick sale sadly!

Pictures: these are some pictures I took in a hurry, ill be adding more as and when I can!
post-10502-0-34342600-1466975207_thumb.j
post-10502-0-48514000-1466975270_thumb.j
post-10502-0-79745300-1466974721_thumb.j
post-10502-0-17650100-1466974816_thumb.j
post-10502-0-84378200-1467137236_thumb.j
post-10502-0-69981700-1467138593_thumb.j

post-10502-0-95556400-1467138134_thumb.j

post-10502-0-86713300-1467137818_thumb.j

post-10502-0-66996300-1467137681_thumb.j

post-10502-0-33601500-1467137460_thumb.j

Contact Details: pm me, or text on 07858004780

post-10502-0-78924900-1466974636_thumb.j

Edited by Chops

Just to add, this is a pre aug 95 import, so doesnt need to meet any emissions level lol, though it does comfortably with the n/a backbox on, and is registered to the dvla as a 2.0 gl, though i always insured it as a wrx of course. Its funny, if id put up a forged starlet for 2k peeps would have been tripping over themselves over it lol. I know this is a starlet forum, but still!

• 3 weeks later...