First Starlet - New Here

Hi all,

Just recently created my account on UKSO. I've only been driving for a year and decided to buy a an EP91 as a treat for myself by recommendation from my friend. Another reason I bought the Starlet was because of it's simplicity and actually there's something about it that motivates me to start learning the mechanical and cosmetic aspect of a car. Recently fell in love with Japanese cars, can't get enough of it. If only I had infinite amount of fund to pump into motors!

Car came with:

• Ram Air Induction Kit
  • M2 Motorsport Exhaust
  • 40mm lowering springs (Tein rears, unsure on front)
  • Cades Eros Wheels with Nankang NS2's

Anyways below is my Starlet, let me know what you guys think:

13323764_593756857455802_177047129087027

13246247_593301544168000_188551084684276

Welcome along mate, looks like a nice clean car :)

James

Thanks James! That picture of the wash was from a month ago. Not so clean now but another valet is due. Bought in a pretty decent condition as well. For an 18 years old car it looks better cosmetically and mechanically than my previous 9 years old car. :D

OB

Looks a great base start anyway mate! I have a strange soft spot for silver starlets :p the meshed front grill is a nice touch too, what's the plans then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a great base start anyway mate! I have a strange soft spot for silver starlets :p the meshed front grill is a nice touch too, what's the plans then?

Not sure at the current moment dude!

Will get a progression thread going at some point. At the moment just going through all the mechanical side of things. Just recently changed the break pads/discs, next will be the suspension top mount and later in the year/start of next the suspension strut itself.

After that, I think I best look at getting the interior up to 2016 standard (need some inspiration) and a little bit of personal touch? Need some ideas to be honest.

OB

Not sure at the current moment dude!

Will get a progression thread going at some point. At the moment just going through all the mechanical side of things. Just recently changed the break pads/discs, next will be the suspension top mount and later in the year/start of next the suspension strut itself.

After that, I think I best look at getting the interior up to 2016 standard (need some inspiration) and a little bit of personal touch? Need some ideas to be honest.

OB

98 spec upgrade interior is what i've got and it lifts it nicely but still pure 90's jap ha ha so probably not what you're after

Depends how much you want to spend.

Paint the dash and plastics black.

Paint or dye the carpet black

Double din satnav/bluetooth headunit

Indiglo dials

Would bring the interior right upto the modern day....ish

Looks a nice little base!

Not sure if there's that much that can be done with the interior, other than the small touches suggested above. However, the front seats are absolutely woeful at supporting you through corners, so I'd suggest looking at picking up a pair of seats from a GT - they won't look 2016 spec though! :p

Depends how much you want to spend.

Paint the dash and plastics black.

Paint or dye the carpet black

Double din satnav/bluetooth headunit

Indiglo dials

Would bring the interior right upto the modern day....ish

Exactly what I had in mind. Looking at ideas and inspiration at the moment. This forum seems like a good place for it. ;)

Looks a nice little base!

Not sure if there's that much that can be done with the interior, other than the small touches suggested above. However, the front seats are absolutely woeful at supporting you through corners, so I'd suggest looking at picking up a pair of seats from a GT - they won't look 2016 spec though! :p

Thank you Bluebear.

Doesn't have to be 2016 to be honest. Just had a random thought and idea. Actually don't mind it being grey and blue at the moment. But if I can do anything that adds character and create a theme or some kind then I'd probably head towards that direction.

Can also get the door cards retrimmed, could even do it yourself. Doing that can work wonders.

Not a big fan on the pattern on the seats and door card so that could be an idea. Has anyone done a how 2 on trimming?

Anyways that's my introduction made, lets continue this discussion on my progression blog:

OB's EP91 Solida

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/index.php?/topic/102226-OB%27s-EP91-Solida