Hey,

You know how everyone says "run 3Bar fuel pressure for 1Bar boost", I'm getting the car setup on a dyno, but in order to get it there on 1Bar I wanna run 3Bar pressure obviously. Now, is it as simple as just turning the nut on top of the FPR while the cars off, turn it on, check and repeat?

Also, when people say 3Bar - do they mean 3Bar at idle or 3Bar when the car is rev'ed? 'because as you lot know, when you rev the car the pressure jumps at. Abbott (who I bought the fpr off of) has it set to 2.2bar idle and 3bar load, would I want it 3bar idle and well, roughly 3.8 bar under revs?

Oh and, what is standard fuel pressure just out of curiousity?

Help would be lurvely,

Cheers.

no mate, the car has to be running.

its hard to get fuel pressure when the car isnt on :p

and you take the hose off so it is 3 bar at atmosphere.

i personally think 3 bar is too much. i had mine running at 13 psi on 35 psi fuel pressure, which is about 2.4 bar...

you dont have to boost the shit out of the car on the way do you? just drive nicely and set it to 33 psi B)

Good question here am just about to be fitting my Sard FPR and was needing to no what to set it to, so you say 33psi is a good setting for them untill i get it all set up as I've got a adjustable actuator to go on aswell and a front mount.

But...I wanna drive it about for a bit, feel what 1bar is like, then get it setup! lol.

Good idea! maybe cracked pistons will make more power. :p

Does anyone know what psi the stock FPR runs. Im running 300hp atw on stock FPR. I recently overpowered the walbro pump so Ive added a bosch 044 as well and think ive overloaded the pissy return line and upped the fuel rail pressure which has thrown out my maps. B)

Cheers

Harry

Don't worry, selling the FPR and FCD now. Don't wanna risk damage to my engine and rather get it setup with an ECU, piggyback or possible SAFC. So for now, its no 1Bar for me! Check for sale section if your interested in either bits..

• 3 months later...