fitting a replacement steering rack

I need to change the steering rack on a mates EP91 V,

has anyone done this before? any help or guides will be much appreciated as always.

Thanks.

i assisted my mechanic with this process on my ep91 a few years ago....i can recall it being a pain....not overly difficult, but just tedious

its best to do it on a ramp and you may need assistance to make it easier...from memory, remove the wheels (may give you more space to work with) ,,there is a bolt at the bottom of the steering rack inside the car...slacken that (its splined off to the steering rack), rod ends have to be disconnected from the hubs, i think there were two "u" type clamps holding it to the firewall which those have to be removed...there there is the section just be the firewall where it enters the car...disconnect the two vaccum tubes on the rack...disconnect the power steering hoses,,,etc

before you remove it make sure to straighten the steering wheel as this will help you later when trying to align the car wheels and steering...IF you are getting an EXACT ep91 rack, after you remove the old one, just try to match it up against the new rack to make sure the rod is the same distance on BOTH sides on both racks...basically then install the new rack, rod ends, vaccum tubes, PS hoses, etc

hopefully your steering is still in the "centre" spot you left it

fill the PS reservoir and bleed the system

the car will need a wheel alignment

that's just the few things i can remember....i'm sure i left out somethings as this was a long time ago

Edited by gorganl2000