Since fitting a speedvision hybrid ct9 imported from the us the car just isn't right. Whenever full boost comes on there is the classic wooshing noise of a boost leak however, since fitting I have replaced cheap blue piping for red samco (red is the scheme I want anyway 😁).

I have smoke tested the complete inlet system with no leaks detected. I am running pressure purely on the actuator itself guided by my gauge.

The question is, do I need more control over the pressure or is it simply that the actuator is poor.

I'm just baffled by the clear sound of boost leak and no power in higher gears after all I have done is replace turbo.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Tom

Wow, China turbo?

I bought it under the impression they were good turbos. Did think that maybe the actuator was poor. Talking to them directly they only stated that it must be a boost leak, even after telling them that I had tested all pipe work thoroughly, and that surely the only place that could leak after fitting a new turbo would be hot pipe gasket, which was newly bought.

I do feel that it could pull better than the standard.

Would a shoddy actuator give you the sound of wooshing leak though?

I'm adamant that I will be searching for a hks actuator to eliminate it none the less.

Cheers Colin, much appreciated

U say its noisy when boost comes on so is its making boost, u need to be checking your boost gauge its going to tell u whats going on, did u put a bit of preload on the waste gate with the actuator as your waste gate could be slightly open if not.

Thanks for the reply triple

Definitely hitting boost, 1st and 2nd it's still pulling but dies out after with the wooshing present. Im pretty sure it's the actuator playing up, preload is there. I've had a couple replies with the thought of actuator. Think I will source a new one.

Still baffles me how this has occurred only since fitting brand new turbo, was surprised to hear that speedvision is essentially Chinese!

I shall update when problem is sorted.

Thanks again to all

Wow, China turbo?

I bought it under the impression they were good turbos. Did think that maybe the actuator was poor. Talking to them directly they only stated that it must be a boost leak, even after telling them that I had tested all pipe work thoroughly, and that surely the only place that could leak after fitting a new turbo would be hot pipe gasket, which was newly bought.

I do feel that it could pull better than the standard.

Would a shoddy actuator give you the sound of wooshing leak though?

I'm adamant that I will be searching for a hks actuator to eliminate it none the less.

Cheers Colin, much appreciated

haaa no joke you dont have to believe me but the speedvision turbo is al over ebay ive had a speedvision 1 and 1 wit spee on it from ebay and a nameles 1 from ebay and al the same tirdbos 3 diferent turbos same spec and al shit ish

same as the toyo manis toyosports / speedvision / and those crowds of waystar are al selling the same mold manifolds

There should be no whooshing noise even with a bad actuator, sound like something has a leek at that point, u need to pressure test the system by blocking the turbo intake and add pressure through actuator pipe Add what ever pressure u are running, u might just hear that whoosh noise from somewhere then.