Will Starlet p8 springs fit on a '88 p7?

I bought some springs on eBay but I might cancel the order while I now see the springs have the same part number for the p7 as p8 as well. These are Kilen springs.

I thought there is a difference between the springs so you can't use p7 springs on a p8 and vice versa.

Does anybody know if the springs are different for sure? Or might it be that lowering springs are interchangeable in contradiction to the OEM springs?

I'm using stock shocks

Should go for both uppermounts and shocks, not 100% sure but take a risk, so identical struts, I can compare at afternoon when getting home. Only spring tension and thikness can vary little bit...

The shocks are different (the shock mount for the spring) and should be lower than expected. But apart from that it should fit.

So my car well get lower then the advertised 30 mm? Thats what I absolutely don't want cause at the moment i have 40 mm and those are too low for me

So to clarify, your using ep8 springs on ep7 shocks

Yes that's way it is.

The Kilen website says that those springs are for the p8 and p7 as well. I've read that the springs differs between a p8 and p7 and therefore I'm questioning if the springs for a p8 and p7 can have the same part number.

These are the springs I've bought: http://www.spring-loaded.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Kilen~Sport~Lowering~Springs~-~Toyota~Starlet~1.3~P7~10%2F84~-~12%2F89

But you can search for the part number and then you'll see the p8 has the exact same number and same lowering

• 2 weeks later...

Did You onnaj1000 got springs fitted?

I'm in situation that wanna get some lowering springs. Plan is use same springs on three different cars, I have EP70, EP91 and EL54 Paseo. So conlusion after this thread that maybe that I can use EP91 lowering springs in every car. Only spring rates are different but outer coil diameter should be same. Here is one link that says Blitz springs are same on EP82 and EP91.

Maybe Tein springs are way to go, droppest most (-50mm est). Wanted to know if somebody have mixed springs between P7 and P9, P7 and P8 should be ok. Future plan is to get Meister coilovers for my P7, but could maybe use temporaly P9 springs?

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/list/lowering-springs/toyota/starlet.html