Catch Can (with video)

Hello Lads

I'm just after alittle advice please, noticed today my catch can filter does this in the video below, little bubbles coming out, and I'm wondering is it normal, the low down is, car is running great, doesn't use oil etc, no smoke etc,

Catch can isn't full either

Catch can set up - the usual, race spec rocker cover both fittings going straight to catch can, inlet nipple blocked off ( seems most do it this way) an thinking the system needs to breath more, that filter is only a 12mm one, anyway what do I know that's why I am here to ask please guys.

Thanks Pat

https://youtu.be/qCHwWFNWw2Y

Edited by patman

your filter got wet with oil !! now bubbles because there is only 1 exit wich is small ( isnt this the rebuild engine ?? ) id expect this on an old engine not newly rebuild tho !!

i bet if you had 2 hoses going to the tank and 2 filters/ exit hoses you would not have an isseu as the air escaping will travel less fast

your filter got wet with oil !! now bubbles because there is only 1 exit wich is small ( isnt this the rebuild engine ?? ) id expect this on an old engine not newly rebuild tho !!

i bet if you had 2 hoses going to the tank and 2 filters/ exit hoses you would not have an isseu as the air escaping will travel less fast

The engine is running great Colin seems to be no issues anywhere apart from this, and I agree with what your saying the last bit, these little filters on the catch can seem to clog up fast, what I might do for now is take of the breather hose running to the catch can on rocker cover and just put a filter on it for now till I can sort it out, and leave the other hose going to the tank.

Thanks again colin 👍🏻