Boring Emanage blue stuff

Hello Lads

Finally got the money to get a Emanage blue and mapped, just need some advice guys please,

If I buy a second hand one will it have a password on it, and would I have to take it back to the original tuner who mapped that E-blue,

If a secondhand one isn't password would they need to put a whole new map on it or tweak it alittle to suit my car?

Is the any place in the south east of England that has mapped these ecu's on starlets before and keeps it all safe etc,

Or do I just bite my tongue, and take the long drive to TD and get there package. Knowing extra cost of petrol and hotel, (depending on how long they take to fit and map it)

Some of these questions may sound bloody silly to some, although I like to think I have good knowledge on these cars, I've never looked into aftermarket ecu's.

Thankyou very much guys Pat

I'd go with the td package bud it's new and will have warranty on the unit. And they no there stuff with mapping also what's to say the 2nd hand unit will work. If it's password protected 99.9% will be they will just whipe the map start again. If it's not password protected they wont alter some ones else's work and will want to put a fresh map on anyway :)

Edited by akyakapotter

Thankyou very much potter mate that's a great explanation what I needed to know 👍🏻, just need to know how long TD would take roughly too

go to fusion motorsport mate fuck driving away up to td much better mappers out there closer to home abbot on here get his mapping done at fusion and I've heard nothing but good thing about them from various people it won't just cost you 500 or whatever it is at td after they sell you all the parts they say your car supposedly needs

Can't interest you in the one I have for sale? I'm pretty certain Ed @ Fusion mapped it originally.

It has been remapped since, and the map is password protected but this is normal.

Not sure what I have it for sale at on here, but it's yours for £200 including map sensor and field harness.

Thankyou very much potter mate that's a great explanation what I needed to know , just need to know how long TD would take roughly too

I'm going to TD to get emanage fitted and mapped they have said if I get there for 9 should be done by early afternoon. I would have thought it just depends if everything goes smoothly or not