Yeh its for the cluster dude, i got half of the lights working etc but obviously the wires are in the wrong place or absent, i'm gunna try Toyota tommorrow i'm pretty sure they'll have one, weather they want to give me it is another story. Cheers dudes.

• 2 weeks later...
I take it you have tried a different instrument cluster into yours and it has not worked? I fitted a SR cluster into my Sportif and it didnt work, but when I looked at the back of both of them, they both have a plastic printed circuit board on the back with some identification markings on them. I took the origonal cluster and wrote down each connection from the 3 plugs and where it went to on the old cluster, and then the new, then compared them and worked out what positions in the plug the old wires now had to go. If you look closely from the back at the silver connections in the plugs you will see a little barb that holds them in place. Use a needle to get them out and then push them back in where you want them. Mark all the wires before you take any of them out and you can always put them back to the origonal if it does not work. Sounds a bit intense but if you look at the back of the 2 clusters you will see it is not very hard. Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kool, thanks for replying, so your basically saying that all the wires that are needed for the cluster to work are already there they just need to be re-aranged in the plugs??

Thanks for you help.

i was gonna do this with my glanza one i have lying around, but if you look at the back of it... well, lets put it this way... i gave up there and then!! ;) im sure the sr one is less complicated.

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...
I take it you have tried a different instrument cluster into yours and it has not worked? I fitted a SR cluster into my Sportif and it didnt work, but when I looked at the back of both of them, they both have a plastic printed circuit board on the back with some identification markings on them. I took the origonal cluster and wrote down each connection from the 3 plugs and where it went to on the old cluster, and then the new, then compared them and worked out what positions in the plug the old wires now had to go. If you look closely from the back at the silver connections in the plugs you will see a little barb that holds them in place. Use a needle to get them out and then push them back in where you want them. Mark all the wires before you take any of them out and you can always put them back to the origonal if it does not work. Sounds a bit intense but if you look at the back of the 2 clusters you will see it is not very hard. Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's what i did too....

I also played around with the lights etc in the car with the cluster out, and plugging a test light into the pins on the plugs, just to double check that the essentials were going to work.

(for a glanza cluster) i got everything to work properly except the boost lights...i'm assuming they are controlled by the ECU somehow.....

oh, and toyota DO have the diagrams with the pin-outs etc :huh: