Starlet gt help!! Anyone near stalbans

That's the thing I'm not sure what's the problems apart from its turning over and not starting it had a head gasket done and since then I've had timing problems which have hopefully now been sorted compression problem which was hopefully down to the timing being off

I'm near St. Albans but I'm no expert lol, what compression problems you been having? I don't see how the timing can affect compression as it should hold it wherever the piston is on its stroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm near St. Albans but I'm no expert lol, what compression problems you been having? I don't see how the timing can affect compression as it should hold it wherever the piston is on its stroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told on here if the timing is out then the cams could be opening before the stroke making the compression weak but I did timing yesterday and it's 100% unless I'm getting the marks wrong on the cams which I don't think I have as the cam pulley wouldn't line up if so

Just having low compression on all 4 cylinders

Right so the 2 dots on the cam gears should line up in the middle with one another.

When they do the notch on the crank pulley should line up with the arrow that is pressed into the water pump housing.

If this all lines up at the same time then your engine is timed.

To check ignition timing you need a strobe lamp.

Ignition timing and engine timing are completely different things.

Right so the 2 dots on the cam gears should line up in the middle with one another.

When they do the notch on the crank pulley should line up with the arrow that is pressed into the water pump housing.

If this all lines up at the same time then your engine is timed.

To check ignition timing you need a strobe lamp.

Ignition timing and engine timing are completely different things.

Yeah the inlet cam as 2small dots and the exhaust cam has 1big dot and 1 small dotif aligned if with the big dot as when I put the pulley on with 4e slot it works out to the dot with the head if that makes sense

Edited by Robep82