Mystery issue caused by gearbox?

Hi all, I have a very strange issue I need some help with,

Me and a mate fitted a new gearbox to my Glanza V a few days ago and all went very smoothly until I tried to start the car afterwards. The car fires up fine but then coughs and splutters and cuts out. There's also a load of white smoke coming out the exhaust and a strong spell of petrol. now if I start the car and rev hard it'll stay alive until I stop revving but if I don't rev straight away the accelerator goes straight to the floor. Now we've ruled out a few things like we know there's nothing blocking the pipe work to the turbo and it's defiantly getting enough fuel. There was a chunk taken out of the HT lead and I have another on the way but I'm not sure this would have anything to do with it.

Now just to warn everyone my mate is shit hot on engines and such where as I acted mainly as chief spanner passer so I may take a little while responding to any suggestions as I'll be passing them on to him to try. As it stands I've only been a Glanza owner for about 3 months and the cars been off the road for 1 of them and the rest of the time the gearbox was on it's way out so I'm really hoping to get this sorted soon so I know what it's like to drive a healthy Glanza!

Any help or suggestions are always appreciated

Cheers

I'd go through and check all connections around gearbox area.. make sure they clean and u ain't caught any... temp sensor being 1. Very brittle and will cause u starting issues..

Yeah that's next when we both have a day off is go back through it. Would it be the temp sensor if the car starts but then cuts out? thanks man

I will cause it to over fuel like. Had mine go and I could start car and run like shit till was warm.

But I'd go through the everything and check it all twice.. make sure everything is earthed correctly. When I rebuIlton mine I had starting issues. Turned out to be crap earth even thow was all cleaned down with new bolts

I will cause it to over fuel like. Had mine go and I could start car and run like shit till was warm.

But I'd go through the everything and check it all twice.. make sure everything is earthed correctly. When I rebuIlton mine I had starting issues. Turned out to be crap earth even thow was all cleaned down with new bolts

aw right cool. thanks man I'll have my butty check it out. thanks mate :thumbsup:

Have u done flash codes?

No mate not yet. There's no lights on the dash other than the ABS which has come on but apparently that'll go once I start driving? or at least that's what I was told. I just figured that would be another problem to sort after this one :rofl:

Did you have the coil off? Or the king lead?

If its getting fuel and it ran before the gearbox change then it cant be fuel or compression.

Which means the problem is ignition.

Map sensor is the other side of the engine, coolant temp sensor would cause it to run rough and difficulty to start but it WOULD start and run.

Which leaves power to the coil and knock sensor.

Sooooooo I still think its an earth lol.

Edited by StuDoc 72

I have an update. after being told that my mate who was working on the car had gotten so fucked off with it he'd towed it out his drive and disappeared and thinking that the thing had given him a breakdown I receive a picture from my gf of Him, his GF and my GF all stood around my Glanza parked outside my house all fixe :rofl::rofl: It turns out that right under my glove box is a apexi air flow converter that I didn't know was there and 've been told that the problem was with that. as I'm in work I won't have the full details until later but I willupdate everything when I find out exactly what it was. All I know is my friends and GF fucking suck