Crank Key/Woodruff Removal!?!

Hi everyone,

Replacing my front main crank seal and currently at the step of removing my crank sprocket.

The crank key I have managed to get it loose in the passageway but no matter what I do, either by grabbing it with pliers or vice grips it doesn't want to come out!

Anything that I am missing or ant tricks to get this thing out so I can change the seal??

Thanks

Nikhil

Iirc the woodruff key in the crank is semi circle in shape so by tappin down on one end should bring the other side up because the curved side of it sits in the crank. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't, the one I had was too big to get in behind the sprocket to pull it off. I ended up prying it off in the end, which resulted in a sprocket looking like this:

uOnPzQj.jpg

Didn't want to risk it, so bought a new one.

I didn't, the one I had was too big to get in behind the sprocket to pull it off. I ended up prying it off in the end, which resulted in a sprocket looking like this:

Didn't want to risk it, so bought a new one.

Thanks Tim, I'll give this a go. I'll try get my hands on a puller, as I can pull mine off so far but the key stops it.

Don't want to be forking out £30 quid, spent enough on this car already lol