my tdo4 project finished now and working well

after months of hassle i have finished my starlet conversion from auto to manual and fitting td04 at the same time. hopefully i can answer any questions anyone else has on the conversion as the guide i got from the boy and his dad link. is ok but not complete.

regards the turbo conversion again i made most of my own stuff and it could be done using the standard cast manifold if you wanted to no problem. next week i will be getting the exhaust welded because its held together with a clamp at the moment and rear mount will be welded solid to stop any movement. it goes well and pulls hard all the way to the redline feels like it wants to go more. its not to laggy as i never drove the car with a ct9 on i cant say how it compairs. i had a few idle problems but have sorted them out and now she runs well and ticks over fine with the 330cc injectors in i cant see why it needs and other piggy back ecu. no pinking on boost or flat spots. she will now be put on ebay for sale as i am starting another project and havent got room for all the cars or time to use them. cheers max

hey mate where are you based, im gona be doin a manual swap and could do with some pionters,

whats the car boosting too by the way? and did you need to sort out fualing in any way?

a friend of mine ised 330cc and he surfed from hunting at low revs. i have blocked off every vac line including power steering etc. and some inside the thottle body and set it up ok. ticks over fine like i say no flat spots or hesitation. the mount on the gearbox was the biggest hassle and the fact my thottle postion sensor was diffrent to manual one. apart from parts list that you need to sorce. only part i had to get from toyota was the bracket that holds the transmission cables in place and small clips. i was lucky and sold of most of my bits to pay for other stuff like manifolds and downpipes turbo etc of fleebay. i used the yellow 330cc from supra. ecu was the same as well. need to take off the cable from ignation switch as well and sorty magnet out. i ditched the aircon as well and swapped fans around and fitted saab front mount from a old 9000 i think this means no bumper cutting. only oyher thing was actuator bracket on td04 but got there in the end and had to cut a bit of the gearbox to get the exhaust to run same place. only a casting block/ chunk nothing major.

i am not sure if the auto has a bigger rad? as it has the transmission fluid running around the bottom part. its huge also i would not be surprised if they run diffrent front springs as the auto box is so heavy comparied to manual.

all the best max