New Zealand, stuffs todo?

Sooo I've quit my job as of the 17th of feb, am off skiing for a week, then a week after im back im heading to NZ for atleast 5-6 weeks. Have also got a few days in Sydney and the whole thing is on flexi tickets so can extend if i see fit.

Basically I've got about a week free in Auckland 8th-16th and am hoping to have a meet up with Stu on here, But other than that im looking at things todo. a trip to the coromandel is on the cards but thats all weve really looked at as were on a 10 day north island tour that does a few key things.

But any suggestions welcome north or south island as the 2nd half will be spent there.

Cheers

Some cool stuff to do in Queenstown if you get down that far? Make sure you experience a jet boat somewhere. I'm so jealous dude. Best place in the world! Caves at Waitomo are fucking amazing, go dig a hole at Hotwater beach, do bungy jumps, raft some rapids, climb Mount Doom, hire canoes, drink Montieths Radler beer and smoke bush weed! Friendliest folk I've met, you'll have a blast mate!

Where do I start!?!

Running out the door so can't write a big spiel but definitely head to the South Island - Fly into say Christchurch and hire a car, drive down to the Catelins then up to Queenstown/Wanaka area, travel over to the West Coast to Haast then head North via Punakaiki etc. Head thru Arthurs Pass and up to Kaikoura, then Blenheim, Nelson, Golden Bay, Takaka (stop at the Mussle Inn) and Farewell Spit (go for a surf with the seals at Wharariki Beach). If your into Mountain Biking go see Martin at the Quiet Revolution bike store in Takaka (in Golden Bay) and he can help organise some awesome rides.

Sorry gotta run but send me PM on facebook if you want, will see what else I can think of.

I was just in the Kaimanawa Ranges this weekend:

20170203_1230501.jpg

Awesome, thats a lot to take in 1st thing in the morning haha.

Caves are covered, and we'ved planned HWB too, the rest sounds like what we're after!

Our tour finishes in wellington on the 26th so from that point we will head to the south island, We have an unlimited use bus pass that loops both islands and includeds a ferry trip on manapouri or te anua (not sure which). Theres also an option we can add to include catlins forest too.

My only worry is we will be a bit limited to the route the bus takes but i guess we can always hire cars out for the odd few days away from the beaten track.

These are great, just the sort of things im after cheers.

Stu ill add you on FB.👍

Kiwi experience bus?

Bit of a hike but the Bay of Islands up north is pretty special (good diving) and massive Kauri trees! Rotorua has some cool hot springs and thermal mud stuff lol.......smells a bit eggy on arrival but you get used to it!

Redwood forest there too iirc.

I hired a kayak for a week and paddled to a place called "the bridge to knowhere" (google it, its got a good back story)

I really liked Toupo but can't remember exactly why lol

South Island is the literal reason (the massively over used) word "epic" was invented. You'll get bored of saying "look at that fucking view' lol

Eat seafood at Kaikoura and see the seal that chills next to the road haha

Yeah thats the one, Was like 40% off and a damn site cheaper than hiring a camper for 6 weeks and allows us to get about as much as we want with the ticket weve got.

This is the north island tour we went with

http://tours.statravel.co.uk/trip/northern-choice-auckland-to-wellington-until-sept-2017-connzad

Does seem to cover a lot of the places you're mentioning which is good but will be sure to check out the bridge to knowhere if we can get up there.

Toupo sounds pretty cool, lakeside bars etc is just up my street.

Really looking forward to it now maybe not so much the seafood but im always up for trying new stuff.

Probably as a lot of those things are peddled to the tourists (but are still amazing)

The kiwi buses are everywhere lol so u'll have no problems jumping on and off plus it's a good way to hear about stuff to do and meet new travelers like yourselves!

Personally I preferred the north island but the South Island is so beautiful!

Im not normally one to do the whole tourist thing but sometimes its just easier, plus this way we see the major things have the freedom of the south island then if we get told about loads of stuff we missed we can go back upto the north island and have another go at it and move our flights back.

Another couple of spots to check out while in the Nelson/Golden Bay region are Te Waikoropupu Springs and the Rewaka Resurgance. Crystal clear springs. The resurgance is a great spot for a swim but promise me you will just put your towel down and jump in. No dipping a toe to check the water temp. It refreshing!

large.jpg?1292556394

resurgence7.jpg

Edited by Stu