different inlet manifolds

martin, riko was referring to liams post.

the stock ex manifold is restricted, not the inlet. as dub said, the stock one can cope with alot of power before it gets restrictive.

you can fit the acis manifolds, but they are such a pig to get working right.

heres a pic of mine.

S7300348.jpg

S7300322.jpg

it shifts the position of the throttle body to the right, so you have to get a new throttle cable, and you have to get soem new intercooler pipes made up for it to work (you can see in the second pic how out it is....)

then you have to fanny about with the acis actuator to get that working.

and you have to drill and tap a bung for the air temp sensor as it doesnt have one..

its aggro. but it give a good hike in torque.

na,

for the turbo application the stock one would be more useful.

for forced induction you dont really need to finely tune the intake/exhaust runners as much, you just want the air in the chambers and fast as possible.

ok its just i though that if u ported d runners to a similar size and polished it d 4 branch mani then i mite prove to be of some advantage

ok its just i though that if u ported d runners to a similar size and polished it d 4 branch mani then i mite prove to be of some advantage

You dont know what your talking about lad

You dont know what your talking about lad

OK...Thanx for your kind words.....i was just curious what effect the 4 branch would have....sum off us aren't born ep experts after all hence the reason for this very site..

ignore it mate, hes hardly a knowledge bank himself... id be quite interested in knowing his opinions on the 4 branch if hes savvy enough to insult people.

the 4 branch manifold isnt cast in the same way the turbo manifolds are. it is bent pipe. so there isnt really much room to port, and tbh they dont need it. they are very free flowing.

its the length thats the issue. the runners are probably 14-16 inches long. thats extra travel time for the charged air, and more space for the air to go.

as i said before, turbo cars want the air, in the chambers, as fast as possible.

the 4 branch manifold isnt cast in the same way the turbo manifolds are. it is bent pipe. so there isnt really much room to port, and tbh they dont need it. they are very free flowing.

its the length thats the issue. the runners are probably 14-16 inches long. thats extra travel time for the charged air, and more space for the air to go.

as i said before, turbo cars want the air, in the chambers, as fast as possible.

ahh i can see your point now alrite i neva thought of the travel time for the charged air