as most of you know i have tanbe sustec shocks and springs fitted to my glanza and i just love the way they soak up the bumps but still give pretty good handling and limited roll.

but i've noticed that the front end sits quite high compaired to other low glanza's, i have no probs about the general height, its just the front end. so i want to know of any suggestions of bringing the front end down a bit without ruining the ride quality?

can you get springs shortened? as i dont really want to go back to rock hard springs.

yeah, i didnt fancy cutting them.

ok bud, i figure that was the case really... any suggestions on different set of springs/front springs?

as comfy as i can get them really.

coilovers is your only route tbh mate, my glanza was LOW at the front, on tanabe shocks, but i've no idea what springs were in there, i believe they were PI or something progressive, either way, they were absolutely ROCK solid. they'd shake your fillings out if you weren't paying attention, many times i saw my spine explode out of the top of my skull.

th_DSC00758Large.jpg th_DSC00755Large.jpg

As you can see, it was plenty low enough. on the many sets of 14's i had, it'd happily sit with a good portion of the tyre up in the arch, without any scrubbing (as im fantastic at matching tyre sizes with offsets).

the only way you'll get lower on the front whilst keeping it reasonable soft is to go coilovers, thats where they're great. although, many are alot stiffer than your current setup. something like a set of cuscos would probably do the job, they're relatively soft for coilovers, although you wouldn't wanna just slap a set of front coilovers on whilst keeping your tanabe rears as the car would probably become a little unbalanced (coilover sets are matched for a reason).

have you got tanabe springs aswell...?

if you can change the springs without having to change the dampers etc..the tein s-tech ones are about 130 for a full set and will lower it quite alot...

also, chris with the silver glanza, had some 30mm ones for sale cheap, and they were on the car for the day and then he took em off...ill give him a shout if you are interested?

Rob

rob, thats pretty pointless tbh, the tanabe shocks are matched with his tanabe springs, if you're changing the springs for £130, you may aswell sell the whole lot for like 200, and spend a little bit extra on coilovers. thats what i'd do personally.

dont ruin the shocks by putting lower springs on. like i said, i had lower springs on my tanabe dampers, and the rebound was not designed to suit springs that low, it ruins them. they broke my spine, many times.

cheers for the input eks.

thats been really helpful. i think i'll wait till i get the front splitter fitted and see what the height looks like then... i wouldnt mind fitting some spacers too so the wheels fill the arches a bit better too.

can you inquire with chris for me tho rob... you know my price range!

some rs*r ti2000 lowering springs would be a decent bet for good looks, they dump the front of the ep onto the ground with close to standard springrates,

peeple have comented that the back end does sit hi though with theses springs.

heres my car on RSR Ti2000 springs. ive got them matched up with some Kayaba SR shocks. its a good matching set. wheels are 15" with 50 195/50 tyres. the car handles well (although i have other handling parts on the car) and ive never had any scrubbing

they are noticably stiffer than stock though G mate.

S7300350.jpg

soundo, i ran a set on my black glanza with standard shox and they rode pretty well, close to stock id say in terms of confort, not too bouncy or stiff compared to some of the other springs on the market, definatly a lowering spring with the softest spring rate ive come across yet.

14 inch wheels pictured

P1010205.jpg

yeah, thats the type of stance im after mate...

i'll have to see, i dont want to ruin a perfectly matched set of springs and shocks... so i might just look into replacing the lot at the end of the year...