0.5mm headgasket with forge pistons?

i've tried a search, but didn't find much.

anyways, does using the thinner 0.5mm 5efe or 0.6mm trd headgaskets with forged wossner pistons allow for adequate pistons/valve clearance?

and will this make the engine an inference engine or does it still remain a non-inference engine in case the timing belt snaps?

and how about if stock 4efte pistons are used in the same scenario?

Edited by gorganl2000

i've tried a search, but didn't find much.

anyways, does using the thinner 0.5mm 5efe or 0.6mmtrd headgaskets with forged wossner pistons allow for adequate pistons/valve clearance?

and will this make the engine an inference engine or does it still remain a non-inference engine in case the timing belt snaps?

and how about if stock 4efte pistons are used in the same scenario?

ive just built a new 5e with -10cc pistons 0.5mm gasket and both head and block have been skimed good news its higher compression ratio without loosing squish. bad news is its now an interference engine should the belt ever snap

ive just built a new 5e with -10cc pistons 0.5mm gasket and both head and block have been skimed good news its higher compression ratio without loosing squish. bad news is its now an interference engine should the belt ever snap

What turbo will you be running? I have built a the same 5e only with some speedvison cams.

hey goldenvtr, how goes it boss

so it turns without any piston/valve contact then?

i think wossner are 6cc dish

i wonder if using the stock 1.2mm headgasket will allow it to remain non-inference?---it should in theory?!

Edited by gorganl2000

hey goldenvtr, how goes it boss

so it turns without any piston/valve contact then?

i think wossner are 6cc dish

i wonder if using the stock 1.2mm headgasket will allow it to remain non-inference?---it should in theory?!

im good dude,yourself?

unfortunately i can answer that, it would have to be trial and error i suppose...im presuming i don't make valve to piston contact as it runs ok, but i do have a tapping noise issue at the moment, so im going to borrow a boroscope to make sure. dont want to clog this thread so see my other one i made for info...

theoretically i should have a 9.1ish CR with:

74.5mm bore

75mm headgasket

39cc original combustion chamber (but head 1.77mm skim)

87mm rod stroke 5e

block decked by 2mm

pistons deck clearance is 0

-10cc pistons

0.5mm head gasket (metal no additional squash)

im good dude,yourself?

unfortunately i can answer that, it would have to be trial and error i suppose...im presuming i don't make valve to piston contact as it runs ok, but i do have a tapping noise issue at the moment, so im going to borrow a boroscope to make sure. dont want to clog this thread so see my other one i made for info...

theoretically i should have a 9.1ish CR with:

74.5mm bore

75mm headgasket

39cc original combustion chamber (but head 1.77mm skim)

87mm rod stroke 5e

block decked by 2mm

pistons deck clearance is 0

-10cc pistons

0.5mm head gasket (metal no additional squash)

i'm cool sir

i just found the tread you are referring to ...thanks

Edited by gorganl2000

What turbo will you be running? I have built a the same 5e only with some speedvison cams.

havnt decidedyet, ive put a td04 on to run it in lol

its a tos up, retry my td0520, it was too laggy on the old engine but with this CR should be more drivable. or vf34/vf22 for less power but wider powerband... really dont know haha