Kieran's 98 Glanza V 040

INTRO

Hello all im back again with another build, its going to take awhile to get this beauty to the stage i want it at so every time there is a update i shall extend on this post ( IMO i hate going through pages and pages of a build hunting for peoples updates) Anyway here we go.

CURRENT SPEC LIST ;

Engine

Stock 4E-FTE Engine

AN-8 RACE SPEC Rocker Cover

AN-8 RW Developments breather catch can with braided lines

NEW OE SPEC Spark Plug Tube Seals, Rocker Cover Gasket and Washers

Intake, Turbo and Exhaust

Stock Inlet Manifold ( Acid cleaned and powdercoated)

New Genuine OE Inlet manifold gasket

New Genuine OE Throttle body gasket

HDI FMIC with CT9 hot pipe

No Turbo kit currently ( came with a CT9 kit in rough condition .. now sold)

No Exhaust System ( Currently for sale )

Fuelling

255lph fuel pump

SARD FPR

3SGE Black Top 340CC Injectors

NEW OE Spec Fuel Filter

Stock fuel rail with new spacers and bolts

Ignition

NGK Iridium spark plugs (range 7)

Mangecor HT leads

Cooling

TD Twincore Half Size Radiator / Slim fan / Mounting brackets

GPlus Radiator Hoses

Wheels, Suspension and Brakes

15" SR SPEEDLINES

MeisterR Coilovers

Zisco Front strut Brace

Standard discs, calipers and pads

Transmission

Stock Gearbox and Flywheel

unknown Clutch

Other

AC Removed

Carbon Cannister deleted

THE BUILD

So this was basically the way i got the car except it was alot dirtier and smuggling horse shit in the wheel wells and control arms.

After 2 weeks of solid cleaning (scrubbing the wheel wells and control arms of horse shit as well), compounding , polishing and waxing, this is how it looked, the Speedlines had also got a lick of much needed paint, i was hoping they would have turned out abit lighter but hey ho .. The flat black paint on the wheels frankly looked totally pish.

dk8Q4r.jpg

And after i gave it a good seeing to.

eKnlRd.jpg

efPPej.jpg

aIbs6z.jpg

After this the car went into my garage to be transformed ( slowly but surely ).. First off the CT9 turbo kit was sold as it had seen better days and was blowing out its tits.

yZRVgN.jpg

I then gave the thermostat housing, inlet and exhaust faces a good wire brushing/ metal polish and scraped out all the years of gunk from the injector ports also, happy days.

pnWrOU.jpg

My good pal _SHAUN_ finally sold me his Zisco strut brace and i also got a SARD FPR from him as the FPR gauge on the car was like a fishtank. A cuppa tea and some metal polish later this is how it looked.

WH1Dum.jpg

I decided to then sort out the Calipers and get them looking fresh which was a shift ( The colour i did them is RS Blue )

Before

10pAE3.jpg

After

XI6LRv.jpg

I then came round to fitting my radiator which was abit of a pain in the arse as there was several sheared square bolts stuck in the lower front crossmember so i had to drill out the stock hole a fair bit to get access. I also cleaned up the bonnet latch and put in new stainless steel bolts (No pics unfortunately :( )

aYGERk.jpg

I noticed the inside on the car was getting abit mouldy and funky looking and to be fair i hadn't even touched the inside since i bought the car, so took the seats out sprayed the seats and carpet ect.. with vanish carpet/fabric cleaner, let it cure and then hoovered it, also used some auto finesse trim rejuvenation. The pics really dont do it justice tbf.

hQRwar.jpg

gIdHjZ.jpg

Next i got everything ready to be sent to powdercoating ( Inlet Mani, crash bar , headlight brackets , race spec rocker cover and a few other wee bits ) and sent them off and this is how it all turned out.

kQk9cI.jpg

XI6kFi.jpg

YkGHtV.jpg

HOWEVER there was a catch .... The powdercoater painted the baffle on the underside despite the owner telling him not to touch the underside of the rocker cover.

Zzz7sc.jpg

I gave it back to them to be re done and old man went in to collect it for me this is what i got back .......

Cv45o9.jpg

I mailed the owner to ask what the hell had happened and sent him a pic .. turns out the owner was on holiday and he was meant to be re-doing the rocker cover himself but the receptionist gave the rocker to the powdercoater fella who just charged on, so i'm currently waiting for the owner to come and collect it over the weekend and re do the rocker and take off the baffle to ensure no paint and sand is behind that .. nightmare

In the meantime i painted up the throttle body and got new gaskets

VbNCvA.jpg

mLfeL6.jpg

PccsoQ.jpg

I then brought my HDI FMIC core and pipework into College to try and revive it and save myself abit of money in the meantime, i used 60 grit, Auto finesse bug and grime remover on the pipes and let the core soak in the grime remover overnight, i took it all into college and brushed on GUNK de-greaser,I let it cure and then 90°C TFR power washed the life out of it and it did a good job, i need welding done on the hot pipe and im gonna close off the BOV channel because re-circ. This is the only pic i have just now after i sanded the pipes.

kW4sjA.jpg

Then i hit another snag today, where the ICV slots and bolts into the inlet manifold had been powder coated over ... Woopa

Hu8Yw2.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic but you get the idea.. Thankfully i managed to use a small file and clear them out and used a cotton bud with a tiny amount of brake cleaner to wipe out any particles of paint.

I then decided to give my ICV a good clean up, however the element inside my ICV was broken off at 2 out of the 3 points it connects, so i decided it would be easier to just get a new ICV and just swap the element over. So currently just waiting for that and new hose clips for the 2 water and vac lines on the Throttle body

kppoFf.jpg

In the mean time i fitted my Rocker Cover and headlight supporting brackets back on and gave them a polish.

Giap0T.jpg

UmlenM.jpg

I Got a hold of some white paint from my powdercoater and decided to touch up all the scuffs and age marks on the front crossmember and underneath, instead of uploading loads of pics I just did a small example so you get the idea, but all the bare metal has now been sanded primed and painted.

Primed

LOvohk.jpg

Quick first coat

Oje8dA.jpg

Zisco Strut brace now on and finished touching up the paintwork.

nMnFjQ.jpg

fQsVv6.jpg

Thats all for now folks... Thanks for reading

Edited by #TIDGEY

Nice work!

Had similar problems fitting my half rad, most of the bolts where already sheared of.

Also must give that vanish a go, my recaros have gone a bit mouldy from sitting in the car in the shed all winter

Nice work!

Had similar problems fitting my half rad, most of the bolts where already sheared of.

Also must give that vanish a go, my recaros have gone a bit mouldy from sitting in the car in the shed all winter

Was a real pain in the arse man glad its done though, yeah bro just jump to ASDA get some, cheap and cheerful :)