ID-Workz FRP Bonnet - Poor Quality

End of Februari this year I purchased a Starlet Gi lightweight FRP bonnet from ID-Workz. I agreed with the estimated lead time of ~8 weeks.

After numerous reminders and asking it finally arrived after 5 (!) months. ID-Workz stated the cause was they were having problems with their supplier.

The item arrived with damage, broken corners, deep scratches, dents and cracks. It also did not have the shape and color as was pictured in the advertisement (which has been removed from the website in the meantime). I notified ID-Workz within their 3-days time limit.

ID-Workz agreed to have me bring the bonnet to a local repair shop instead of having it shipped back to the United Kingdom as it would end up costing more. I was quoted by my repair shop with a minimum of 100 euro's of additional labour to bring the bonnet to an acceptable condition.

It was attempted to repair the bonnet, but it has failed, the bonnet is too much out of shape and fitment is way off. It appears as if the bonnet was taken out of the mold while it was not cured yet, causing it to misshape. It should either be replaced or refunded.

In the meantime ID-Workz has been very unresponsive, thus causing my Paypal's buyer protecting to run out because the payment was made in Februari! I feel tricked and scammed, and feel like ID-Workz didnt reply deliberately so they could ensure they would keep their money!

I can't believe such a renowned company would offer such bad treatment and I hope we can still solve this problem any time soon.

I'm surprised to read this.

You ordered a bonnet and we took way too long to send it out. I apologised about this many times and said you're welcome to a refund at any stage if you decided you don't want to wait any longer. The delay was due to our supplier and this is the reason we no longer sell FRP parts (they've all been removed from our website). The bonnet was the same shape as in the picture but the gel coat was white instead of grey as we our supplier no longer uses grey gel coat. It has never been an issue with others customers over the last 8 years,

Once you received the bonnet you told me it wasn't up to scratch and that it'll cost 100 Euros to repair. My replies were delayed as I was going back and forth with the supplier but I never once ignored your email.

In the end I offered to help pay for the repairs myself but I haven't heard from you since.

post-610-0-36823300-1505216649_thumb.jpg

As you can see below, the last email you sent me was on 29th August. I emailed you on the 5th and you haven't replied.

post-610-0-84808000-1505216760.jpg

You haven't once mentioned anything about the bonnet being out of shape, a replacement, a refund of the mould until now. If you had emailed me about this we'd have it sorted.

post-610-0-36823300-1505216649_thumb.jpg

post-610-0-84808000-1505216760.jpg