Hi all,

I'm looking to get a Starlet Turbo in the next month and just wanted some opinions/advice on which one to get.I understand that Toyotas are reliable and have read up on the BHP etc. But there are some mixed stats and opinion with which is the better, the Glanza or the older version? some say the Glanza is lighter and so a bit quicker and others say that the older version is lighter. To be honest im buying this car for the speed and drive not the looks so im not fussed about the asthetics. Also does anyone own an automatic as they are cheaper but not having ever owned an auto i have no idea how this will effect acceleration etc in these cars. Any advice will be appreciated as i live in Brighton where there is an extreme lack of these impressive cars. Cheers

gt is faster a tad but once modded it wont really make a diff. dunno about autos and glanzas are harder to insure but safer but you can pick a gt up cheaper and spend he money you would have saved on the glanza in my opinion but your probably looking at higher milage. since i bought my gt i have littrally fallen in love lol the drive on a sunny sunday in a gt is just immense. o by the way gt feel a bit more tin can like as they are lighter so you hear a few more rattles and that. hope i been helpfull

Thats great cheers, out of interest where did you get yours from? there is an import dealer in folkestone SVA imports with a couple of Glanzas ready to come into the country but not sure of their reputation, they appear pretty good but then so do alot of them.

Check out my Glanza for sale, 1998 - R reg. Manual http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/446912.htm I've got a good friend who lives in Japan and sends me 1 car every month.its my little hobby.I register them and drive them for a bit, then sale them. I've also got a 1996 - P reg just going through registraion and is AUTO. Mint condition Sliver/Blue colour and ONLY 29k Miles on it, I have the Janpn doc's to prove the milage. A lot of Jap cars than come over are clocked back there or hear before registraion. I would say Glanza's are a better drive. Let me know wowunbelievable@hotmail.com 07918712457.