Anyone used these??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Performance-Air-intake-Manifold-inlet-Plenum-for-Toyota-Starlet-4EFTE-EP82-EP91/333496710649?hash=item4da5f3f5f9:g:w5EAAOxyTjNSkx6A

Yes i know its from china but ive been looking for an aftermarket inlet for a while and absolutely nothing has come up and would like to get my 5e back on the road.

I know Tds sell them but im certainly not in a situation to hand over £699 for one.

Any help or reccomendations would be appreciated!

Mike

Looks a good design straight intake runners to plenum chamber, 45deg angled throttle mount gets better air flow to cylinder 4. 

What is your power aim I'd use this with a big turbo around 350hp capable and a low rpm peak flow cam setup. A twin plate throttle body would definitely be benafical on this also for low rpm gas speeds/torque. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Sam44

This unit is off a Audi 4.2ltr with a big low gas flow speed high Hp volume manifold for great full rpm power. 

the large single tb and inlet design has the affect of narrowing the engine power band and a skilled driver with good skills and gearing insight to keep the engine in this band needed. Hard work and lap times will differ dramatically. 

Any body running this type of manifold cams like the 4efe and these type (twin plate) of throttle setups are required for road use to promote low rpm manifold/head gas speeds. This will also spool the turbo better sooner.

These manifold promote high Hp levels at peak rpm but reduce low rpm gas speed this is the area of fouces using cams and throttle control. The larger the throttle diameter the less sesative it gets and harder for the driver to control low rpm speeds this then affects topend Power targets. It's a balancing act. Another area of fouces then is the available air volume before the throttle a large plenum or power box is needed in this section of inter cooler piping to not choke out the manifold. 

You need a very good turbo to extract the available power out of the manifold. a tdo5/6 equivalent that will operate to it potential on the 4e. Anything less like a tdo4 or hyb tdo4 will not work the large manifold type the torque drop off will be in the manifolds power zone making it a wasted effort. 

A better design is itb, individual throttle bodie design look up the Nissan sr20 pulsar to see a working example this removes a lot of the headache and control is back with the driver with a added benafit being a near even cylinder power delivery. 

image.jpeg

image.jpegThe awesome sr20 engine. 

Edited by Sam44

Good lad, well worth it. 

A lot better for control and power output than a large manifold and single throttle. 

Send me some pics if poss and message me if you need any help or advice I've run afew cars with itb setup.

I know room in the engine bay is limited you might need to upsweep the runners so as to not skimp on the inlet plenum chamber size this is critical for big Hp.