High idle struggling to set base timing knock sensor issue?

Morning!

having a issue with setting up my timing the car idles at 1100rpm then once warm goes to around 950rpm idle screw all the way off...I place the car in te1 e1 mode adjust the timing to 10 degrees when I do this the car now idles at 1150rpm and dizzy rotated atleast 90% round of travel?  now it is set up and mapped on a EMB so timing could be different I am getting a knock sensor code come on once over 3k now I have test this at 10 degrees 6 degrees and 3 degrees still comes on.... I have 3 sensors here tried all of them no change I have also tried with the wire off the sensor and it acts the same like no sensor is there so I believe the sensor is bad 2 are used and one was a new ebay £20 which probably are crap... I have checked the omhs on the wire ecu end to the pin and read 0.02 so no break in the wire now would this sensor be causing me my issue of high idle and not being able to set my timing correctly? or could it be EMB mapped differently? also if I hold my revs at 2000rpm it drops 200 rpm on its own every 5 seconds like something Is kicking in to drop the revs? 

Edited by Shane Barham ✯

Yeh the standard way to be able to adjust ignition timing on these running piggy back ECUs is to set the dizzy/ignition timing 10deg advanced so as to be able to adjust it on the piggy back. There's a video on build thread explaining how this is done and why. 

Did you mark the dizzy up before adjusting?.

Edited by Sam44