new brake pad dont fit

hi so I'm trying to do my front pads and disc on my N/A starlet s 1.3 and when i took the old ones out i noticed how tight they were in the calliper and were quite difficult to get out and when it tried to get the new set in they wont fit i thought they had just sent me the wrong ones but i got new ones today and they still don't as well and they say on the side of the box they came in that they fit my car but don't

I'm at a loss 

13 minutes ago, buck216 said:

hi so I'm trying to do my front pads and disc on my N/A starlet s 1.3 and when i took the old ones out i noticed how tight they were in the calliper and were quite difficult to get out and when it tried to get the new set in they wont fit i thought they had just sent me the wrong ones but i got new ones today and they still don't as well and they say on the side of the box they came in that they fit my car but don't

I'm at a loss 

I take it you have retracted the caliper piston? and checked the old pads against the new ones?