Everything needed for turbo conversion

Hi guys, so today I just done my sparks, oil and filter change and was wondering while doing it, what is EVERYTHING needed to do a turbo conversion on a 98 Starlet? The car's only got 76k miles and has no rust underneath as it wasn't driven on salt etc so really wanting to keep the car aslong as I really can, was thinking what would I need to do a turbo conversion? I looked around various posts on here and often read the fuel mods are pointless and to just do a cheap setup as it'll do the job fine? I was wondering what that would require? If anyone has the patience to list me every single item the car would need to do so, I'm not the best mechanic about either with none of my friends into cars I don't want to mess such a big thing up so I'm thinking on getting my local garage to do it for me if you could count the average amount of hours it would take roughly, they're very honest with their pricing so labour shouldn't be too much of an issue. Anyways thanks for reading hope you guys have a nice day :) 

vql1ZDljf8yDqHqWFF2f7Is8Nx3UOayddMvExm7Ldm9Qkl-dIIfNbTsABYwJmkMmvQyDya6CQOKgnAMvn9UL9Fzxx563i-f04NvP20bIiUg0RkRX14VEd4dUgjAWWnoNpwAdxXepn7nS_-nB9qRzI_Aol_pDaf2BN0E_1XhhBPkbcgvShbzhWEq0BCudR72cqIALYGzXMcPa7vVm4X-p7TjbbcbH2o0gP8DSVWmMkC9bTJKHh_sCEqfw1e7ZI_vkTi8HGS15-1hdLWACINtRD2_z5jHiIaD7RstACorE7KJCOzH3uhdo6Wggee3eyVcoqoPnFL_7CRmxca3JHjqBczK22mAwHmzR1yKZBgMUtd0MHK68yuhH2km8mwkAv34U4o32p14nnvZvaDan89HcwpOCXj1BMMTPH5aT7b38Vqdac11evizc0Ihxhx9CHNLcysEhMmPjMzmu8BEtf20cxQC1NGxbAH8UEftGRCiA3cMhSanUPlaH7bGyVOio8KG9Ly5eHbA598SsnJ8LRyVDuubaT7zekIcxPjC-wg_aP3PJrBDWSf-WPA12YTbpsZLwcoN3PMB1oo7oLHKRGNdMVj-g7LgZSgmLufSybgtXOQbb7n7nVqFZWCFWKxbdD7O1WvAfZJ1wAIxQLtLIembeODhOtexSCyqnNHXl4uo7zjTwjitDL9NIHLUbU5UF=w727-h969-no?authuser=0

Morning there is a list on my build thread, top of first page. This is everything you need, and In My opinion the easiest root. The fuel pumps might be the same, 4efe/4efte, but are a good age now. The unit I pulled out of my ep91 4efe+t had a light gray top and the turbo units have a black top. 

Do you have a build thread or pictures up. Can't get anuff of these little things. 

20 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

Morning there is a list on my build thread, top of first page. This is everything you need, and In My opinion the easiest root. The fuel pumps might be the same, 4efe/4efte, but are a good age now. The unit I pulled out of my ep91 4efe+t had a light gray top and the turbo units have a black top. 

Do you have a build thread or pictures up. Can't get anuff of these little things. 

Hiya, I'll try find your thread and see thanks it'll come in useful, I'm sure I have a "build" thread up in the EP91 section but I'm not sure I've got much posted on it since I've only just done its oil and sparkplug change since I got it in July along with swapping the wheels but that was before I joined here lol I'll make sure to update it whenever something happens to the Starlet though, I'm thinking on getting one of those blue sunstrips on the windscreen to help not get blinded by the winter sun as its agony, got my rear shocks replaced too last month but no pics of that as I got my local garage to fit me them for £30 as I don't trust myself with a spring compressor lol. :) it's being taken care of very well though I love the Starlets too my dad used to have one when I grew up in Belgium until he sold it when we moved to Bosnia and since I've gotten it I can see he enjoys being in it everytime I drive him around always looks and points out something he remembers about his lol 

Look under my user name

<

<<

<<<

<<<<

<<<<<<< Around here. 

They are a very reliable, easy to work on, nippy little car. It's great to share these cars with people of all walks of life that enjoy them for the special little Toyota's they are. 

I'll look for your build thread now

<<<<<<<<< Mine might be found on the topic\username margin around here. 

1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

Look under my user name

<

<<

<<<

<<<<

<<<<<<< Around here. 

They are a very reliable, easy to work on, nippy little car. It's great to share these cars with people of all walks of life that enjoy them for the special little Toyota's they are. 

I'll look for your build thread now

<<<<<<<<< Mine might be found on the topic\username margin around here. 

Would you be able to link me by any chance? I can't find the topic I dunno why :') 

Engine part's required for turbo conversation: 4efte exhaust manifold, oil filter relocation housing 4efte, sump later ep91 4efte the best option low corner surge, turbo with all turbo lines (coolant and oil), 4efte ep91 or ep82 exhaust system and down pipe (decat pipe). 4efte thermostat housing, 4efte flywheel and 212mm clutch or 200mm uprated 4efe unit, 4efte power steering pump with bottom pump to block mounting bracket and bolts, both low pressure pipe from the power steering reservoir and high pressure pipe from the pump to the steering rack 4efte, 4efte rocker cover, heat range 6 spark plugs 4efte. 4efte gray injectors 295cc will see around 220hp, piggy back ems. Intercooler and piping (4efte top mounted intercooler requires the factory bonnet scoop). 

The main thing is to take your time with the build and get it right. 

There are other ways of going the fueling ems. 

You can install the glanza wiring looms, and ems. 

I've also seen people use just a hks fuel cut defender, bigger injectors pink 4afe, and a fuel pressure regulator to get fueling right.

But ultimately it's upto you. 

Edited by Sam44

Okay thank you :) seen you have a corolla gearbox but I'm assuming I'd be able to run it on the stock one? I'm not sure 220hp is what I'd be looking for just yet considering I'm 22 and only got 2 years NCD I'm sure they'll ask me for a printout of the power first and would f**k me if it was over 200hp lol. 

Would I be right in assuming it would cost in and around the £5-600 mark for the parts without the turbo included? I have never done such a thing and half the stuff you told me I wouldn't know what to do with them would you have a rough idea of labour it would take? Like 10 hours or 20 etc? So I can have a rough idea on how much to keep money aside for it too, I'm really wanting to turbo my starlet and I've more or less got money in my savings to spend on this just need to check with my insurance too and see what quotes I get I'm supposed to renew on the 4th of November so be a good time to get a rough estimate on that too once I phone them up :) Also I'm guessing I don't need to get everything installed at the same time? Could install some parts myself if my ability permits and then wait until I can get someone to install the rest? Sorry about all these questions by the way all I ever do mechanic wise is service my oil, sparks,  discs, pads and that sort of stuff on my Celica and Starlet, never really done anything much more complicated than that :p 

ive just seen this now, sorry about late reply. 

haha yeh to do the turbo conversion first its important to check your engine is healthy anuff to accept boost pressure, these include things like a cylinder leak off test, compression test & hydraulic test (this test is also good to free off stuck carboned up piston rings).

this car is very easy to work on and a fantastic beginners platform. Id estimate around 80 hours required to install and run low boost beginners level around 130hp and around 40hours in the competent hands of a mechanical technician.

yeh you can run the standard starlet gearbox not a problem. 

yeh id say around that mark you have quoted money wise that would be with the turbo and intercooler. im only just going over that mark now for all my starlet mods. take your time and keep a look out for a bargain.    

Edited by Sam44