im a noob please welcome me :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your a mug 4eftesol

you pay like 2 and a half times the price of your car on insurance...

ditto :p

i can't help it, its group 4 i have no years no claims, making it 3rd party makes very little difference, they said if i get an alarm system cat1 or 2 they will give me no discount.

they're cunts really, all the hudlums my age are making it unfair for the people that are actually real humans i am paying shit loads more for the assholes that crash there nova's into other drivers

rant over

basically i got my insurance when i was learning to drive it was cheapest by far at £1300 but then when i passed my test (wipeeee only 4 minors ;]) they raised it £2000 just like that now i'm stuck in this contract fer like a year :p

i reckon there should be some kind of potition or something to try and stomp insurance down, same apllies for tax

Agreed

the stupid thing is because i'm an apprentice what i have paid for my car the insurance and tax is what i earn in a year!

thats why i'm in such debt so young :p

its worth it though i love my tartlet:p

i wouldnt start it myself just think its a good idea to see what kind of response we get and all us trustworthy young enthusiasts cant afford to keep our cherished babies safe and paid for

Thanks for the sales pitch but us 17 year olds would never get insured on a 1.6

my insurance is enough at £3300 thankyou very much

dont joke, £3.3k?! that would even be expensive if it was an "FTE Sol" which im presuming it isnt.. i advise you cancel your insurance policy chap.. sorry im just amazed youd pay that lol.

oh and welcome along mate.. dont let that insurance figure put you off :p

Si

Haha thats insane! thats probably an extra 20% a year off your salary that you shouldnt be paying!

That means your working like 3months for nothing lol

I wasnt calculating, just putting it into perspective lol

Mr Sol, I explained VVT and not DOHC, as Starlets are DOHC so assumed you'd know :p

DOHC = Dual OverHead Cam

yes yes i was just erm... testing you :)

And others well i want to and the £3300 is fully comp the cheapest i can get is like 3rd party which is £2700 and i've already paid them like a grand so theres not much point now.

they have offered me 10% discount if i do my pass plus thing but thats just fucking peanuts really :p

you should have shopped around more, who are you with? bell are the safest bet i was insured for 1700 fully comp on a gt without any claims, before that a polo 1.3 gt for £900, your insurance company are taking the piss royally

i was paying 1200 3rd party on my sr with adrain flux as soon as i passed...

and 330 quid off isnt that bad.... 330 quid id rather have than the ins company. just got to check out how much it costs for pass plus.. if my memorey serves me correctly its about £150 so youd relly save only 5%ish :)