If randomly putting them back is not the case, only means would be to go to a place that does new shims and get them to reshim everything?

After all are the shims not there on purpose for proper valve clearances etc?

Afaik new shims from Toyota amounts to some £££... bah

But I think Rick means that he put them back in any order on his build and everything seems to be Ok.

Hmmmm...

Joz

• 2 weeks later...
so will randomly putting them back affect perfomance ?

No it wont affect the performance but u might end up with an engine that sounds like a tractor .As long as you measure the valve clearance on each one you should be ok . If you make your valve clearances to small your going to bugger up your valves . The clearance sizes are underneath your bonnet on a yellow sticker . i notticed that the other day when i was steam cleaning my engine bay lol :unsure:

oh really? whereabouts? gotta pic?

I will post one but here are the clearances 0.20mm and 0.36mm .Its all in jap but am sure the 0.36mm are for the exhaust . To be honest you shouldnt really have to reshim them my engine has done 100000 miles and all mine are ok . The sticker is located on the underside of the bonnet and i made a mistake its a grey sticker not a yellow one

• 3 weeks later...

are the valve clearances not hydraulic?? hence why it has buckets under the cam lobe. there is no adjustment there unlike an engine with rockers!?! :) and if the part number is the same then...........