i think you would need a new ecu somthing like vems or megasquirt, you could use jenvey throttle bodies, and mate them to the manifold some way. ask about on 4age and ae86 forums, they seem to be the main users of ITB's. I love itb sound more than anything else, BRWAPPPPP BWAPP BWAPPPPPPPP

Yeah I go on twincam.info quite often. I was thinking CBR600 or similar as mentioned in the link above, extra injectors may come in handy with a decent ECU later on.

I got a spare manifold, standard 4e-fe, so the ITBs + Silicone hose + Chopped manifold = 4e-fe ITBs, then its the really hard part ;)

i was reading somthing about port spacing, but if you use the original manifold it should be ok, maybe flow the ports and match the manifold for a little more power, along with a thinner HG and a head skim making higher C:R . I really want to do this to but im not 17 yet and will get bummed for insurance, they want £4000 fully comp if i upgraded the suspention a little.

dubbele 40DCOE liggende webers

thats dutch for Twin webber 40 Carb's

so yes you are right, these should be a straight bolt on, not sure on the tubes and ECU stuff tbh

• 6 months later...

im checkin this one out as well guys, ive got a standard 4EFE inlet manifold, and my uncle is very very handy on super bikes as he builds and races them. so may actualy get somthing sorted!! if any of you lot have learnt anything i will need to look out for let me know in asap cuz it will help!!

also if i add fit throttle bodies to it, can i run it as is, or will i need to get some for of managment and a remap??

No you'd just have to get it set up with the throttle position sensor, I think the standard injectors should be good enough, and there's that air sensor that is in the standard airbox I don't know what you'll have to do with that, might be fine just to leave it.

But basically aslong as the ECU knows how much fuel to add then it should be ok. I may be wrong though, you could need some sort of piggyback.