hi all i own i little starlet n/a

i have added:

Corrola inlet manifold!

Induction kit

H T leads

Iridium spark plugs

new exhaust/manifold coming very soon!

taken my spare wheel out/got a tin of that tire weld stuff ;)

next step is thinking of ripping the rear seats out and the bits n bobs from the doors!

when have more n more money thinking of getting carbon fiber stuff like bonnet/wing mirrors etc

what else do you think i could add to the engine n that to gain more bhp/power/performance?

ideas would be excellent

My spec list is basically:

Corrolla manifold

Custom induction kit with duel cone filter located behind battery

Cold air feed stuck around inner cone

Decat

Backbox

99.2 before decat so estimated 105 at the moment?...?

And I have something else up my sleave... ;)

Oh and I have pedals steering wheel dash and 2 seats...

I think I need brakes next though :p

My spec list is basically:

Corrolla manifold

Custom induction kit with duel cone filter located behind battery

Cold air feed stuck around inner cone

Decat

Backbox

99.2 before decat so estimated 105 at the moment?...?

And I have something else up my sleave... ;)

Oh and I have pedals steering wheel dash and 2 seats...

I think I need brakes next though ;)

Hmm same as my spec....

im presume your secret is the Quad TB's..? :p

I was gonna do twin TB's, but i think n/a tuning is now pointless, considering fte's are now so cheap..!

Rob

hey man when u have the money u could change the head gasket for a TRD thinner head gasket. it raises the compression and will give u more more power with out altering the fuelin or ecomony of the car in any major way....( some one feel free to correct this last statement if im wrong)

Lol aye!

Yeah they're cheap, cheaper then a 5efe but its getting it fitted that costs moneys.

Id like to see how far the 4e-fe engine can go before it become unreliable. ITBs seem an interesting mod as no one has done it before but it may take a while to get it sorted as it will be trial and error but hey if I can pick up a set of bike TBs for £100 why not have a play around.

The post got moved lol It was in general earlier :p

I may have to kill everyone that has seen that post now... ;)

yeah i agree wit u Rich

i kinda want to keep the starlet N/A as well, mainly because its my daily driver and i can't have it off the road converting it to turbo.

also i want to see how much u can get out of the 4efe anyway and then go 5efe.......

you wont get the 4e to be unreliable no matter what you do. unless you rev the wank out of it or start forcing induction. they can take alot of abuse.

;) :p Happy Times ;) :p

cool i just wanna add a couple more bits, and bobs the my 4e without going into the realm of stupid expenditure, while i save for a 5efe

what exhaust manifold have you got coming, that will make or break the engine power wise.

4-1 manifold will promote torque

4-2-1 will give higher rev hp.

then silly still like come air feeds to air filter. etc

avent found a manifold yet like cant seem to find 1 tbh seem hard to get for th n/a

do you kno any were that has them?

hey man when u have the money u could change the head gasket for a TRD thinner head gasket. it raises the compression and will give u more more power with out altering the fuelin or ecomony of the car in any major way....( some one feel free to correct this last statement if im wrong)

http://www.toytuning.com/onlineshop/engine/trdheadgasket06mm

rekon this is the one to get then didnt think this would do much tbh

http://www.toytuning.com/onlineshop/engine/trdheadgasket06mm

rekon this is the one to get then didnt think this would do much tbh

hey man that one should be ok, i believe that the oem headgasket is 1.00mm thick

u can also get a 0.5mm TRD head gasket which be slightly better again.

im not sure what difference this will make in bhp terms but it will deffo help u along your way for more power.

Guest Enzo

have any of you na dudes condsidered the c160 6 speed box, idrees was selling one cheap recently,

fist to second gear ratios are almost identical but sixth is slightly shorter than your fith so you have four closely stacked ratios to play with above sixty miles an hour to keep your engine on the boil.

have any of you na dudes condsidered the c160 6 speed box, idrees was selling one cheap recently,

fist to second gear ratios are almost identical but sixth is slightly shorter than your fith so you have four closely stacked ratios to play with above sixty miles an hour to keep your engine on the boil.

hey enzo

i did consider changing over to that gear box as it does offer a nice upgrade.

the down side i found is that while u mite be able to get one cheap on here now and again, if your looking to convert to that gbox then ull end up paying mega bucks for a gearbox and linkages.....i found it almost impossible to source a box..and when i did it was silly money....i could literally have bought everything for my suspension set up eg anti lift, front and rear ARB's, trd bushings and strut braces.

Guest Enzo

a friend up here jeff did the conversion and modified the standard linkage with no problems so thats one less thing to worry about,

you could have a gearbox in for £300 including labour so i see what you mean with the price factor.

a friend up here jeff did the conversion and modified the standard linkage with no problems so thats one less thing to worry about,

you could have a gearbox in for £300 including labour so i see what you mean with the price factor.

oh i don't doubt that u could mod the 5sp linkage to suit...but the cheapest 6 speed box i found was 700 euro which is £550 aprox just for the box before the labor was even factored into it.

Guest Enzo

ive just noticed you stay in ireland, on every ocasion ive looked for a 6 speed ive had quotes from 2-300 sterling, if you know where to look they are not rare yet.

ive just noticed you stay in ireland, on every ocasion ive looked for a 6 speed ive had quotes from 2-300 sterling, if you know where to look they are not rare yet.

oh yeah maybe i should hav mentioned that...

the c160 gearbox appears to be relatively hard to come by in Ireland if theyre not in use so we....maybe i should bring one in from the UK.....

but to get back to the point i agree that it would be a great addition to any N/A.