Now with great big dirty wing...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..

Do you know how much downforce that thing is going to provide on track? Sometimes too much downforce can have a negative affect to what your are trying to achieve, as it will alter the handling and traction characteristics or cause the front tyres to lift resulting in a loss of traction.

Is it adjustable?

Quick google to explain better:

You have to be careful when exerting downforce on a car so as not to throw off its overall balance. For example, in a front-wheel-drive car, having some downforce on the rear wheels is necessary to stabilize the portion of the car that, for the most part, is just going along for the ride. But exert too much downforce on the rear wheels and you can unload the front wheels, which will result in a loss of traction that hurts acceleration and creates understeer.

Is that a rattle can paintjob bro ? Looks fookin crazy!!

I was toying with the idea of matt black, with some special wheels... burnt rim style ;) all im saying haha

How did you manage to paint the whole car with cans bro ? im well intrigued.

Also how the hell do you clean the car without the paint staining ?

With water etc, and how do you keep hand prints off of it ?

My mate had his bike painted in a satin black, looked immense but it didnt last well.

Ive allways loved satin black, looks hardcore!

No problem,

Painted the wings, doors, bonnet, boot lid, rear bumper all off the car seperately, then just had to spray the roof, pillars and rear 1/4s on the car under a marquee. Used 15 cans of Simoniz matt black paint. tbh it's not the greatest job in the world....some parts are spot on but the roof and boot lid for some reason are a bit shit.

Cleaning it is no problem so far, just blast it off with water and a chamois. If I scratch it I just paint over it.

If I scratch it I just paint over it.

Spoken like a true slag!

I salute you my man!!

How comes you chose matt and not satin bud?

by the way, remember that bluewater meet you went to with youre mate who had the r32, well i was one of the guys left behind at the end...

im the cousin of the guy who had the black glanza with the black and red advans..Remember ? =p

Sorry shelly...Glanza still needs a wash.

Glanza Ragger, I remember you ;) we went for food and when we returned everyone had naffed off...typical.

Matt rather than satin, it's rougher and looks better imo

Like others have said, awesome on track! But anyone who knows their stuff will know it is a track car even if they see it on the road, its only joe public that will think your a chav ;)

That looks nuts :p

Be interesting to see it in person again

Definatly one of the most interesting builds on here :D

Taken it for a test yet?

Must create a wee bit of downforce :unsure: