Hi Guys,

Just a quick mystery to pick your brains because i don't wanna say it myself (Turbo)

I have had the Glanza since March - a 96 Plate practically standard

I have on about 3 Occasions give it a good pasting down the Motorway including a little Foreplay with a Suprised Skyline owner today :D

Anyways after these fun times I have left the car idling for several minutes and have noticed the worrying pale blue smoke, not heavy just a faint mist on idle.

The Glanza had a previously welded Cam Cover which is holding up fine

The Car came with Reciepts for the Turbo being upgraded and resealed (same Turbo) - No Explanation Why but Dyno Test shows 160bhp :D

There is no white gunk in the Oil Cap indicating the Head Gasket

I don't think i have excess Oil in the Exhaust to burn

Anybody heard of this or can shed any light on my dilemma, this only happens on heavy footed days of the Glanza and the engine and turbo seem fine other than this Blue Smoke

Regards

LowRed

wen u say faint whayt u mean like u can only just see it or wen u boot it u can look in your rear view mirror and see it???

Has for the turbo take it of and have a look it may be a hybird or someting producking 160bhp standard is fairy high power. Have u got a dyno print out??

wen u say faint whayt u mean like u can only just see it or wen u boot it u can look in your rear view mirror and see it???

Has for the turbo take it of and have a look it may be a hybird or someting producking 160bhp standard is fairy high power. Have u got a dyno print out??

I can only just see it, I'm not seeing Smoke on booting it, it idles after a booting and after say 5 mins starts a pale blue smoke, not bellowing out just idling out don't think its a Hybrid, looks standard and has been decatted, I have a Dyno Print Out but could be diff to the Turbo fitted, it does feel more responsive than others Standard I have driven :D It may just be me driving a lil too hard LOL :D

light soke is nothing to worry about, after a good kicking they will puff a bit.

dont worry about it unless its while youre actually driving.

Excellent thank you for the advice, I will keep it in mind for future Booting lol :D

changing the pcv valve may help too as if this is not working well it can cause it to smoke, just something to consider but as rick said, i wouldnt worry if its only a little every now and again.

To Add to this Topic... :D (Read Above For 1st Fault)

The Pale Blue Smoke has begin to come out now and again in small splutters, when the engine is started from Cold and then warming up for about 5 minutes

Am I right to start worrying about aquiring a new Turbo, Seals, or Recon????

Anybody got costs etc on this worse case Scenario? :D

LowRed

if youve got a decat, it will puff mate.

unles its like, plumes of smoke, or constantly puffing dont worry about it.

Do they really puff the odd Blue Smoke because of the Decat?

You learn summit new every day :D

Thats stopped me worrying as its only minor puffs very little in fact but got me worried

Thanks for the Advice :D

mate, if youd have seen mine before my turbo went....

i literally couldnt see out the back, because it was a blue cloud.

when the turbo seals go, you really know about it. its silly amount of smokes.

Ditto, when my old ct9's seals had gone, it was like something straight out of wacky racers..

I remember going over my mates house, who lives in a little close... And i literally smoked out his road.

Ahh funny times..

Starlets breathe heavy amounts any way, hence why so many people run catch cans or breather filters.

Only worry if its pouring oily smoke out on idle, in hefty amounts..OR..When you cant see out the rear window when youre giving it some throttle..

Craig

mate, if youd have seen mine before my turbo went....

i literally couldnt see out the back, because it was a blue cloud.

when the turbo seals go, you really know about it. its silly amount of smokes.

myn has silly amunts of blue smoke at idle but if i hold it at fast idle or boot it it doesnt smoke??? any pointers?? cheers :)

• 1 month later...

i do have this blueish white smoke occasionally too. Sometimes happen during hard pulls & sometimes during idling. The funny thing is that whenever i am at my mechanic, it doesn't happen. It is so irritating. When i bought my car, i was told that the turbo had been replaced not too long ago, so i presume it won't be the turbo? Is there any check or tests that i can do please?