a little question for anyone who knows about bhp

i was just wondering if someone knew what the standard bhp is from a starlet sportif without any added extras like power steering or abs or air condition or elecky windows (if that makes a difference lol)

but i have added 4 spark sparkplugs

5 inch back box

corolla tubular manifold

induction kit

just curious what the standard bhp is and what peeps think it may be with my added mods :huh:

Not much more power than standard mate with your mods. You'll probably feel it quicker though more responsive though the rev range with the manifold .

[edit]

You could always take it to the rollers and see.

[/edit]

i was just wondering if someone knew what the standard bhp is from a starlet sportif without any added extras like power steering or abs or air condition or elecky windows (if that makes a difference lol)

but i have added 4 spark sparkplugs

5 inch back box

corolla tubular manifold

induction kit

just curious what the standard bhp is and what peeps think it may be with my added mods :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mines a CD at about 74bhp sportif aint much difference

how does that happen ? bhp is the power out put your engine puts out so if you have electric windows ,power steering it shouldn't effect the bhp but will make the car heavier so in effect will slow the car down due to the extra weight hence why a sr is booked as slightly slower than a sportif

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carrevie...px?model_id=907

if you notice at the bottom of the page it has the 0-60 times and bhp of every uk starlet the bhp never changes on any model because the engines are the same but you'll notice the 0-60 time does because of the spec of the car added weight = slower 0-60/top end.

oh i see what your saying but mine would also be quicker due to the fact the engine aint having to power the power steering . am i correct

and no im not saying mine is actually quicker than anyones on here before you all wanna trade pinkslips lol

yes mate you are right. though it wil not make much difference! 1-2bhp!! but it will feel slightly livelier!!

NO POWERSTEERING

Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 85 ps (62.52 kw) / 5500 rpm

Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 12.0 kg*m (117.68 N*m) / 4400 rpm

Power density 9.53

POWERSTEERING.

Power density 9.65

thanks to

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/starlet/1996_1/

yes mate you are right. though it wil not make much difference! 1-2bhp!! but it will feel slightly livelier!!

NO POWERSTEERING

Power density 9.53

POWERSTEERING.

Power density 9.65

thanks to

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/starlet/1996_1/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the car hasnt gain any more horse power according to that above its gain on the power to weight ratio makin it slightly faster but the engine remains the same bhp jjust a lighter car,like removing rear seats doesnt add bhp but saves on weight making the car lighter and faster,if the car without powersterring had any more horse power it would show up on a rolling road but they both say 85ps (1 would say 86/87 ps)so by the torque figures and bhp figures reading the same it has to be down to the weight i.e power steering pump that changes the power to weight not the bhp

and according to the table i posted up before the sportif with pas and the one with out has no performance difference

its like my old corsa had a 150bhp 20xe engine out of a astra gsi,but it had the same bhp in a astra gsi but the astra is a heavier car so my corsa was quicker

ok i see your point and i get the fact that there is no bhp gain but the fact is the engine will waste some of the power it could be using to turn the wheels on powering the power steering.

so basically i have no power steering which mean all my engine power goes to the wheels. and yes the weight would be very slightly less.

ok i see your point and i get the fact that there is no bhp gain but the fact is the engine will waste some of the power it could be using to turn the wheels on powering the power steering.

so basically i have no power steering which mean all my engine power goes to the wheels. and yes the weight would be very slightly less.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have the same as you mate.. no powersteering... well at the day of the banzai thrash, me and geo were close (he was in the blue sportif with pas), but mine was slightly quicker but i had no rear seats.

you'll probably find the enigne is just a little more responsive, and maybe a little difference 0-60

well i got 2 12 inch subs and 2 amps about 10 ft of 22mm think mdf and the rear seats so im guessing im carrying shed loads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bloody hell carrying a fair load there mate,but its nice to have a decent sound system,i dont know what i'd choose between speed or a decent audio setup its a hard one

i know thats the hard choice i gotta make. i forgot i have 6x9`s in the parcel shelf and i forgot to take out the spare wheel before i did my build.

anyone who has stripped out their starly have you found the arse is a bit lively on found abouts ...... because mine is but maybe thats because i got soooo much more weight in the back ??????

yeah, mine was the same till i got rid of the ice. get shot of it mate... i thought id miss my audio set up like mad... but im not too bothered now, altho i have a 6x9 in the glovebox for some more sound upfront.