Air intake temperature sensor

I bought an air-fuel programmable chip from ebay and i want to install it. So i don't know where is the air temperature sensor. Is this green little box in the center of photo??

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0034du9.jpg

In the instructions of the chip talk about 2 or 4 wires on the sensor connection but if i am right my car has 3 wires. It would be very helpfull if i knew which is the power cable.

Thanks...

I bought an air-fuel programmable chip from ebay and i want to install it. So i don't know where is the air temperature sensor. Is this green little box in the center of photo??

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0034du9.jpg

In the instructions of the chip talk about 2 or 4 wires on the sensor connection but if i am right my car has 3 wires. It would be very helpfull if i knew which is the power cable.

Thanks...

hey mate,

could you post up the link to the kinda thing you bought?

oh and im pretty sure that neither glanzas or starlets come with an intake temp sensor

cheers

mike

hey mate i had a quick look at your link that you sent, i hate to say it mate but it looks like you bought what is basically a resistor chip. It plumbs into your air intake or coolant temp sensor and fools your engines ecu into supplying more fuel than it needs. These are quite infamous throughout the internet and its unfortunate that you got scammed. There was a thread on this not long ago:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....l=resistor+chip

Its a shame but if you fit this then you will no doubt lose power and could be doing some damage to your engine. Ill put the link up for people in the future who want to search for it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOD-CHIP-TOYOTA-AVEN...idZp1638Q2em124

If you want more power there are a few traders on here more than willing to give advice and also try www.toyotagtturbo.com. Here and the tgtt website offer loadsa information about giving these cars massive power and doing it safely.

Also get some pics up of your car in the members section so we can all have a butchers.

dont fit that to the car... you have just wasted your money.

if you want some advise on getting extra power out of your car, post it up on here.

throw that resistor in the bin, itll only fuck stuff up.

take this as a lesson not to buy stuff when youre not really sure what youre doing.

bit harsh rick, but yer but its just one of them things that happen, take it to the nearest nite spot look for a chave-mobile and tell then that it is mint al boy!! sell it to them!

thees products work on a placebo affect in which you are told that your car will be faster so when you drive it it feels beater but its not it in your head, just get saving age ask on hear for help buddy one thing you shooed no tho is that modding starlets is not cheep.

if your looking for a cheep way of getting your car running better/ miby a bo hear faster look in to advancing the timing its not hard there is a how to on hear sum-wear

As said there are a lot of things you can do to tune up your N/A a bit.

Look around on the forum and you will find lots of info.

I don't know why you keep talking about programming an chips adn ECU's...

It's a car not a computer...

Take on the breathing part of the engine first, like a cold air intake and rolla manifold.

Further improve ignition with better leads and spark plugs.

Then look at the exhaust etc etc etc

Please read up before posting stuff...

Thanks,

Kevin