just found a mate with a mk1 mr2 tucked away, runs fine but the spark plugs are corroded into the head so he wants £800 for it.....and fensport do a 4agze conversion kit for 1300 :p....watch this space :p

mk1's are my face, stick with the 4age, the 3s sounds pants in comparison (high revving 4a's send shivvers down me spine!).

get it cammed up and let it rip. 800quid sounds alot for one though, unless its absolutely mint.

mk1's are my face, stick with the 4age, the 3s sounds pants in comparison (high revving 4a's send shivvers down me spine!).

get it cammed up and let it rip. 800quid sounds alot for one though, unless its absolutely mint.

nah they go for alot more than that even for ones in worse condition.

the plan is hks 272 cams :p

Lol!

I seem to remember my brother showing me pics of it...didnt you sell it to somone then they stripped it??..or am i dreaming.

Talk to Ollie that works for sky insurance. he has a mk1 with a mk2 turbo engine..and its lovely.!

Jules

Guest skyinsurance

Interesting thread... it's nice to talk about proper cars for a change :p , only kidding :p

I've had a few Mk1 Mr2s... at least 5 4age, x 3 4agze and now I have a 3sgte converted Mk1. The 3sgte is by far the fastest but not necessarily the most rewarding to drive.. I have just spent a lot of money on a body restoration, rust is the main issue on these cars, I've recently found rust underneath which will need doing next :p

Here is the 1.5 (3SGTE powered)

DSC01915.jpg

My 3SGTE powered Mk1 is fast... 0-60 sub 5, 150MPH+ it easily keeps up with an 05 plate Carerra 4S and mine runs only a small amount of power over standard (possibly up 30BHP). I did a 13.6 quarter mile last year with a lot of wheel spin off the line.

Here is one of the slower runs:

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l106/har...rrent=ollie.flv

nb (turn sound full blast to hear the 'pants' noise it makes)

I also have this:

IMG_0991.jpg

I've bought this into work today and I must say it is an absolute pleasure to drive. It is standard except exhaust and a K&N... yes it is slow compared to the turbo but it is completely predictable, no turbo spooling mid corner, just high revving 4age goodness! You know exactly what is is doing at all times and can hang the backend out on the limit with ease. Try anything like that in the turbo and it will spin!!

I'm also a massive fan of the Mk1 Supercharger, here is one of my old ones... you can get a pulley upgrade which will give you an extra 30BHP (once the ABV is blocked) which takes power upto around 180BHP.. fast in a little car like this.. and the supercharger spinning at high revs is an amazing sound:

23-04-062.jpg

I've probably bored you all now so i'll scuttle off back to my MR2 forums :D

Quick wave to Jules :D

Ollie

Sky Insurance

ps.. £800 does sound a lot unless rust free... I'm picking up a running Mk1 this week for £200.

Jules,

Car was sold to 3S Services for the engine, he wanted it for a customer (380hp atw) far as I know the Border kitted shell, minus the good bits is still sat at his garage gathering rust. Damn shame but I needed rid of that thing...I was sad to see it go after 6 years and countless thousands spent.