locking wheel nuts

basically, my dad the tool, has managed to lose the locking wheel nut for the alloys on my mom's car, worst part is, is he isnt even sure what make they are although i think they are mcgard ones, and when he had them fitted he never kept the box for the code to order a spare nut. does anybody know of anyw ay to remove these, heard a few things about universal nuts from garages etc. also if it is any help they are on a pug 206.

cheers for any help

pallett

well, they have the wierd flower liek pattern on the inside that is where the key locks into, baiscally they got a socket that was roughly the same size as the nut just would be a very tight fit, then hammered that onto the nut end so the teeth dug into it then twisted it as normal and wollah, off came the wheel nut.

you can get quite a few different varietys of the newer ones though some have free rotating heads so unless the key part is in it will just spin and spin but never actually loosen

well to be honest. locking nuts can be cracked for the price of a universal removal key.

basically as said above they are just soft metal sockets that are single use in case you lose the key.

so anyone can buy these cheaply and voila. adios alloys