What I did today/yesterday! :)

So my brother suggests we fit a FMIC to his car, that'll be fairly straightforward riiight?? On a Starlet, what 1.5hrs to fit one? On his, 2 days, 3 people (me, bro, dad) and a lot of swearing and frustration lol.

Had to buy a universal kit and cut the shite outta it and use an evo8 core, take charge cooler, pump and rad out, bridge 2 charge cooler sensors, make brackets to hold the IC and just loads of little bits! Took an age!

Didn't manage to clock the turbo as the huge circlip holding on the snail was impossible to get off, plus the actuator was round the back behind the mani - how the hell would one get a e-clip on that?! Anyway, few pics, quite chuffed as it works well and pulls like a feckin' train! One problem; his dump valve no longer works even though its plumbed in properly??

100_1337.jpg

100_1341.jpg

100_1343.jpg

100_1345.jpg

100_1348.jpg

100_1349.jpg

100_1351.jpg

Doesn't look too bad eh? I'm welll pleased! :)

Cheers bud! Yeah well worth it, goes like the clappers now! We just got to lag the IC pipes and done for now! Will clock the turbo at a later date, and now we gotta get shi DV working!! It works as normal, on idle it holds open and when you give it some throttle it closes like it should, just doesn't dump! Any ideas!

Looks good,It's probably leaking boost somewhere from a clip mate.

Woulda stuck with the chargecooler myself :)

The chargecooler is more efficient than FMIC's on most standardish 4's though :(

DV still not working! No boost leaks we can hear, plus its holding boost (1.1bar) perfectly well and pulling bloody hard! As for the CC vs. FMIC, i think theres a big debate on GT4OC, he wanted it for looks as well, the pansy :lol: I said get a bigger CC rad and wire in some fans with switches...but meh, this seems to work very well!

Woulda stuck with the chargecooler myself :lol:

The chargecooler is more efficient than FMIC's on most standardish 4's though :wub:

Agreed. What sort of power is it putting out? CC can handle 350bhp easily.

Not sure, never had it dyno'd. His mods are: Aussie de-cat heat wrapped, Mongoose exhaust, straight air intake with Blitz LM filter, evo8 core, 1.1Bar of boost. Suspension is GAB adjustable shocks and unknown lowering springs. Thats it really, not much done tbh, reckon its pushing 300 ? Its bloody quick, that much I can tell you! lol

Well we've blocked up the TVSV, as in, cut the hose and put bolts in either end. Is there any other way to "disable" it then? Had to wire in a couple resistors to the pump plug and bridge the coolant level sensor to fit the FMIC without any errors coming up on the dash, is it anything like that ?