Ive had this knocking noise coming from the rear of my gt for ages now and its driving me insane!!! I have replaced the top mounts which were bloody expensive and this had made no differance. Its on tein lowering springs and standard shocks. Could the shocks be making all that noise. The car doesn't bounce around everywhere like i would have thought it would if the shocks were gone. I have also tried taking everything out of the boot and it still does it so it has to be suspension. Cant find anything loose so im just about ready to cry! Any bright ideas muchly appreciated.

mate whats a boxbox?could be your exhaust yeah.OR your cv joint OR your link arms OR your panhard rod OR your disco speakers OR your boot....

this is a boxbox

454494396_9afb8c3607.jpg

blatently means backbox though :lol:

Recently had similar problems, whole back end of my car was vibrating/knocking. Finally after days of messing about in the boot realised it was coming more from under the car not the inside, even though it could only be heard inside the car. Got the back end up and found the pipe from the back box to the rest of the system had slipped down slightly so it was resting on the bar that comes from the rear axel upto the chassis. Took the clamp off the back box pushed the back box fully into the rest of the system, lifted all the exhaust up and re clamped it. Problem solved! If its not that i have no idea....?