hey guys been lookin for a starlet N/A for the misses and seen a few, but whats the diffrences between the starlet s, sr, sportif? is there any main problems with the NA's or just the same type of usual stuff to look out for when buyin a car wear and tear, rust ect ect because i seem to see alot that have had to have new engines put in? is this a common problem? or because you guys are ragging the crap outta them lol

cheers

tucka

Sportif is like the base model... no electric windows or nothing...

SR has 25mm springs, TTE spoiler and back box, Speedline wheels.

I can't quite remember properly but I think the Solida or GLS? Has electric windows and aircon or something like that.

And some have a sun roof.

Try to buy one from an old lady with service history and less than 75k miles and it should be fine.

Past 100k they start burning oil apparently.

I have encountered no problems so far...

The mpg is good on them (40-44 mpg) aslong as you don't rag it.

I'd suggest having a look at the spark plugs, HT leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap, air filter, all that sort of thing, and replacing anything that's worn out.

(Might aswell just do a full service on it if it hasn't had one recently).

Sportif is like the base model... no electric windows or nothing...

SR has 25mm springs, TTE spoiler and back box, Speedline wheels.

I can't quite remember properly but I think the Solida or GLS? Has electric windows and aircon or something like that.

And some have a sun roof.

Try to buy one from an old lady with service history and less than 75k miles and it should be fine.

Past 100k they start burning oil apparently.

I have encountered no problems so far...

The mpg is good on them (40-44 mpg) aslong as you don't rag it.

I'd suggest having a look at the spark plugs, HT leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap, air filter, all that sort of thing, and replacing anything that's worn out.

(Might aswell just do a full service on it if it hasn't had one recently).

yeah cool sr's do look nice standard compared to the other models, but pricey, it needs to have power steering aswel, cheers for the info dude *runs off to old peoples home*

Easy way to check if it has power steering if the owner doesn't know: (ok that sounded silly, of course the owner is going to know, but anyway...)

Lift up the bonnet, the power steering pump will be near the bottom left corner. If there's just an empty space then it obviously hasn't got PS.

SR has full electrics and Rev Counter also....different steering wheel to sportifs, speakers in parcel shelf, and it also has a decent standard alarm/imbo./remote central locking...

Dont really know what to look out for, but 2nd gear syncro's are gay.

I think power steering is an option amongst them all

yeah ive seen some without power steering, so wasnt sure if it was certain models that didnt come with it

Easy way to check if it has power steering if the owner doesn't know: (ok that sounded silly, of course the owner is going to know, but anyway...)

Lift up the bonnet, the power steering pump will be near the bottom left corner. If there's just an empty space then it obviously hasn't got PS.

yeah i know, even easyer way, turn it on, and try and turn the wheel lol

SR has full electrics and Rev Counter also....different steering wheel to sportifs, speakers in parcel shelf, and it also has a decent standard alarm/imbo./remote central locking...

Dont really know what to look out for, but 2nd gear syncro's are gay.

SR sounds like the model to find!

The SR is the sportiest of the n/a's :p

Your mrs would be well chuffed with one of them :p

Also some actually DONT have PS just to let you know :p

All the engines are exactly the same performance wise

The SR is the sportiest of the n/a's :p

Your mrs would be well chuffed with one of them :p

Also some actually DONT have PS just to let you know :p

All the engines are exactly the same performance wise

cool, i think i would play in it to lol

yes but we tested an sr standard to standard againts a sportif...even with two people the sr would pull away slowly.

aslong as she doesnt pull away from me hahahahahahahahaha joke lol but serious if she did i would be pissed lol

Parkers may not be 100% accurate with their performance figures for the n/a but seem to be spot on about the different models of UK N/A EP91's available.

Parkers Starlet Review

You will also find the base model is actually the 1.3 Si just for the record. Ok the Si and the Sportif are both very similar but the Si is even more basic than the Sportif (Sportif graphics and Sportif wheel trims anyone?).

Good luck finding a low mileage unabused minter, usually one of old folks is your best bet.

Joz

I've just bought an SR for £250 and it passed an m.o.t. yesterday!!!! result! ;) ;) :D

the seller obviously doesnt have a clue B)

not sure how to mod it yet any suggestions

was thinkin glanza kit,tints,backbox,powder coat the speedlines white

what u's think??

-Darn Tee-