surely a manifold runner thats 1.5ft long isnt going to help spool? Has to travel a mile before it gets anywhere near the turbo

I hope your reffering to the drop in EGT's? ;)

Length of the manifold doesn't really effect spool apart from the drop in EGT's over the length, 1 thing that is effected is transient response, but a 1.3 turbo is hardly going to excell in this area anyway. What's more important is boost pipe length and this will be kept as short as possible.

If you had any knowledge of fluid dynamic's you will know the overall length of the pipe isn't directly proportionate to it's flow, bends etc etc are far more important.

Whats more important is turbo spec, manifold design, cam spec's, head spec's, mapping, wastegate placement etc etc.

The wastegate placement (which isn't yet in the pictures) is very good in this style of manifold, this was my main criteria, the second criteria was to retain the standard radiator.

I could have gone for a smaller runner size and had a tighter manifold, but when we go 1.5 this would hinder performance up top.

Subaru manifolds are over double this length (for 2 banks).

Time will tell, let's see how it boosts when it's done :)