ebc, is it really needed?

just a bit of help really,

basically my only form of boost control is the hks actuator.

what are my benifits if i was to be using an ebc? do i really need one to get a good tune and make good power?

what differences will i see with an ebc?

You don't need one to give you more power unless the hks actuator can't adjust the boost anymore (I think it only adjusts upto 1.1bar?), you can also get a quicker spool time with a properly set up ebc, mostly it just gives you more adjustability. :p

As Wallace said bud, mainly incar adjustability.

Allthough you will see slightly better spool times with a ebc that has the gain settings setup correct.

Its handy to be able to switch between hi and low though. Actuator alone will do the job just fine.As would a manual boost controller fitted inside the engine bay or cockpit.

If you go for a manual type, i suggest either a turbosmart or a forge type.There dawes types so they wont piss boost and give you uncontrollable spikes.

if tuned well, you will gain response, stability and increased output overall from a decent boost controller. they are VERY worth having, i've been recommending, sourcing, fitting and tuning them for years.

with a good tune on the EBC youll get alot better response from your tubby.

i got my spool time down by 700rpm on the td06 by messing about with the controller.

they are WELL worth it. even if its just the warning feature (kills the boost if you overboost, very handy if youre not paying attention)

for the money, you cant go wrong.

thanks, maybe its something for me to consider after the clutch and exhaust is sorted

what do you make of the hdi ones? would you bother or just pay the extra for blitz ect?